Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

What is it about this community

That is so obsess by simulation that no one is allow to have any fun with their flight simulator. They are not allow to skip real life procedure and they criticize every single little thing. I found interesting today as I posted a video YT with PMDG and newbie style in the title. I wanted to make sure the viewer understood this a video is to be consume for enjoyment and not as real life representation on how to operate an boeing 777. I often watch the great video of frooglesim and matt davies and the comments I read are from stupid nitpicking to borderline crazy at time. So I am asking, what is driving this obsession that every single player out there has to follow how you think a plane should be flown or else. I am asking out of curiosity. I will not stop what I do because Iit is who I am.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I'm sure that's not how the majority of FS enthusiasts feel.

Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bushel. B)

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I think that comment on your Vid was genuine and probably trying to help out , well... because you said your a newby.

Choosing PMDG as you have draws you into a group of like minded people who take their simming very seriously so you either buy into that or just ignore it so its not a big deal IMO, just keep  doing what your doing now and enjoy it.

ZORAN

It has little to do with this community and everything to do with youtube.  I don't think it's possible to find a video on Youtube that doesn't have at least one inane, juvenile comment.

Richard P. Kelly

I think that comment on your Vid was genuine and probably trying to help out , well... because you said your a newby.

Choosing PMDG as you have draws you into a group of like minded people who take their simming very seriously so you either buy into that or just ignore it so its not a big deal IMO, just keep  doing what your doing now and enjoy it.

Most likely I got both extreme, It was not newbie enough or not sim enough. Like everything in life is black and white. I found that interesting and not upset at all. Just fascinated.

I like the PMDG plane. I enjoy it very much and against popular belief, I find it easier to fly than other planes. Call me crazy

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

The only people I trust to give me advice as to how to operate an airplane are real real pilots with appropriate type ratings. Don't let the pretend pilots spoil your fun.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'm new to Simming and tend to annoy folks unbeknownst to me all the time.   People take this very seriously,  putting videos up on youtube leaves you open to everybodys opinion. 

If you enjoy making uploads of your flights Claude, knock your self out and the hell with the rest. 

As long as there is an open forum on the Internet, there will be trolls.

I like to call them valley dwellers. Dark and dreary, very negative all the time with nothing constructive to add. It's easy to be a troll behind a keyboard. I choose not to get involved and ignore these residents. Not worth my time.

Then there's the rest of us who live higher on the mountain and enjoy the fresh air, sunshine and life! It's much harder to live up here, but the rewards are much better! Enjoy the view!

Unfortunately, the valley has lots more room for more people!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Most likely I got both extreme, It was not newbie enough or not sim enough. Like everything in life is black and white. I found that interesting and not upset at all. Just fascinated.

I like the PMDG plane. I enjoy it very much and against popular belief, I find it easier to fly than other planes. Call me crazy

I've never understood those who spend hours planning a flight then spend 30 minutes doing a start up, then sit there for a 14 hour flight. I usually spend about 5 min planning IE I want to go there so lets make it happen. Have the 777 cranked up and ready to rock from cold and dark in less then 10 minutes and once I hit cruise the autopilot turn on and I go do something else till TOD. What gets my peeve is when people spend all that time planning only to turn the AP on at 200 feet and proceed to watch the whole flight till they turn the AP off on final. I understand the autopilot has purpose and that is to assist the pilot but its purpose is not to be the pilot.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

That is so obsess by simulation that no one is allow to have any fun with their flight simulator. They are not allow to skip real life procedure and they criticize every single little thing. I found interesting today as I posted a video YT with PMDG and newbie style in the title. I wanted to make sure the viewer understood this a video is to be consume for enjoyment and not as real life representation on how to operate an boeing 777. I often watch the great video of frooglesim and matt davies and the comments I read are from stupid nitpicking to borderline crazy at time. So I am asking, what is driving this obsession that every single player out there has to follow how you think a plane should be flown or else. I am asking out of curiosity. I will not stop what I do because Iit is who I am.

What? Who cares what others on YouTube think? I go as far to block YouTube comments in my browser.

Dear OP ... contrary to what you seem to believe not all of us out here are attracted to FS because of the opportunity to be locked into 'doing everything by the book' ... I enjoy FS  because it allows we to indulge myself in the simple pleasure I derive from using hand/eye co-ordination ... simple as that ...  many moons ago I was taken to task on a forum for having the temerity to refer to FS as a 'game' ... because really ... when I fire up my sim I don't consider I am really flying but rather indulging myself in a little virtual reality ... when one takes that fact on board it is always going to be a case of doing something for 'FUN' ... when the ogre of insisting on fidelity to what goes on in the real world rears its head, it all moves onto a different plane (if you'll forgive the deathless pun) ... which I think is basically what the OP is getting at ... 

I've been playing this *game* for  about 12 years and don't have the slightest desire, or intention, of ever *doing it by the book*. I start with engines running, and, if not, it's ctrl+e. I rarely use GSX anymore for that reason. When I post a vid on YT it's to send to a couple of friends who I worked with in the airline business years ago and I couldn't care less if anyone else watches it.

*game

:o

don't have the slightest desire, or intention, of ever *doing it by the book*. I start with engines running

:o

The only people I trust to give me advice as to how to operate an airplane are real real pilots with appropriate type ratings. Don't let the pretend pilots spoil your fun.

So those us who don't have friends who are "real real pilots with appropriate type ratings" can't have  fun?