Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

HUD Horizon Misaligned

Hi Everyone

I have asked this before and had no success getting a solution but the horizon line on my hud is several degrees above the actual horizon.

It really bugs me and I don't use the HUD and its features because of it which seems crazy.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim Carter 

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Hi Everyone

I have asked this before and had no success getting a solution but the horizon line on my hud is several degrees above the actual horizon.

It really bugs me and I don't use the HUD and its features because of it which seems crazy.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim Carter

Is this happening when you're on the ground or when you're at altitude? I have an explanation for being at altitude, but I don't have an explanation if that's happening on the ground

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

I checked one of my videos, and it's a little bit high at altitude, but pretty accurate lower,

and on approach. By the post before me, that may be normal. I actually don't watch that

horizon line that much, so have never really noticed it. I only use it for takeoffs and

approaches.

I'm flying right now, and am at FL350, but it's dark "real time" and I can't see nuttin outside..

I'm taking a walk on the wild side.. My first trip around the world in the NGX..

I'm using my 900 pseudo BBJ, and am on my second leg which is KBOS to EGLL..

Started in Houston. KHOU to KBOS last night.. Will do a leg about once a day or so

until I circle the globe and come back to Houston.. Not sure the exact route. I'm kind of

playing it by ear as I go.  Heck of a tailwind right now, which is good. I'm showing a

164 knot tailwind right now, which is shoving me along at a current 609 knots ground

speed.. Yee haw! I only have 32 people on board.

Tim,

At altitude the actual horizon you can see will appear lower than the HGS 0 deg pitch reference. This is correct functionality. Remember the earth is a sphere, and at altitude the surface curves away ahead of you, it doesn't stretch out to infinity. The HGS 0 deg pitch reference equates to a pitch attitude that is equivalent to the surface below you, which is of course the important thing!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thank you Mark for the explanation.  Will try it on approach and see if it is closer to the horizon.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling