Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

NGX upgrade

I just now discovered that PMDG had an announcement, saw a froogle YT.  

The NGX will get weather which sounds cool.

Do you think this will be a paid upgrade, a whole purchase, or a free upgrade?

I only ask because I am very new to PMDG, only like two months new.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

It's contained within Service Pack 2. It's free as all SP's are.

Dave Taylor gb.png

It's contained within Service Pack 2. It's free as all SP's are.

Careful, it's not a service pack. Don't get people's hopes up! From the link I posted above:

"I want to be clear that we are calling this FSX update SP1d for the NGX products, as we are not going to get to a few of the major items we intend for the SP2 update that has been discussed for some time. I'll have more information on what is included at a later time- so please don't fill the thread with individual requests/demands that we do X or Y. The stuff that gets addressed comes from our own internal matrix of development needs- and won't have any outside input... "

But like the 777, the update will be free.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

The OP is not referring to sp1d.  Sp1d is only steam compatibility.  The wxr and other features are coming in another update around the time the ngx is released for p3d according to pmdg.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

The OP is not referring to sp1d.  Sp1d is only steam compatibility.  The wxr and other features are coming in another update around the time the ngx is released for p3d according to pmdg.

Again, if one would take the time to read, the wxr is coming in the SP1d update, and I quote:

"As of this moment, it is planned to release an FSX/FSX:SE dual compatible update to the NGX that will include (typically) a pretty significant update across the board in terms of functionality and enhancements.  I have not had time to go through and categorize them- but I will let you know that we are adding some key elements such as interfacing to Active Sky Next's weather radar capability such as we have in the 777."

What is said is that "we are not going to get to a few of the major items we intend for the SP2 update that has been discussed for some time", meaning some fixes will be in there, some (probably bigger ones) won't until Service Pack 2.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Again, if one would take the time to read, the wxr is coming in the SP1d update, and I quote:

"As of this moment, it is planned to release an FSX/FSX:SE dual compatible update to the NGX that will include (typically) a pretty significant update across the board in terms of functionality and enhancements.  I have not had time to go through and categorize them- but I will let you know that we are adding some key elements such as interfacing to Active Sky Next's weather radar capability such as we have in the 777."

What is said is that "we are not going to get to a few of the major items we intend for the SP2 update that has been discussed for some time", meaning some fixes will be in there, some (probably bigger ones) won't until Service Pack 2.

You are correct, I had gotten sp1d for the 777 mixed up with sp1d for the ngx.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

You are correct, I had gotten sp1d for the 777 mixed up with sp1d for the ngx.  

No prob...there been a lot of changes in the past few months!!!  Good for the hobby!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Stop, just to clarify, this is not true!

Quote from PMDG: "As of this moment, it is planned to release an FSX/FSX:SE dual compatible update to the NGX that will include (typically) a pretty significant update across the board in terms of functionality and enhancements.  I have not had time to go through and categorize them- but I will let you know that we are adding some key elements such as interfacing to Active Sky Next's weather radar capability such as we have in the 777."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460570-24jan15-fsxse-compatibility-and-other-juicy-news/

Philipp Schwaegerl

Stop, just to clarify, this is not true!

Quote from PMDG: "As of this moment, it is planned to release an FSX/FSX:SE dual compatible update to the NGX that will include (typically) a pretty significant update across the board in terms of functionality and enhancements.  I have not had time to go through and categorize them- but I will let you know that we are adding some key elements such as interfacing to Active Sky Next's weather radar capability such as we have in the 777."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460570-24jan15-fsxse-compatibility-and-other-juicy-news/

I'm glad your reading skills are top notch :)

Wonder if OpusFSX will work with the upcoming NGX weather radar.

The NGX weather radar is the same as the 777 weather radar and needs the ASN module AFAIK.

Should this be ironic?  :huh:

I think it's because what you wrote was already pointed out in post #4 and post #6 in this thread...

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

The NGX weather radar is the same as the 777 weather radar and needs the ASN module AFAIK.

I think it's because what you wrote was already pointed out in post #4 and post #6 in this thread...

Wish PMDG added support OpusFSX or vice versa...

I need to read what exactly from ASN WXR needs. I'm not buying another addon just to use WXR, which I don't use anyway on Q400...

Wish PMDG added support OpusFSX or vice versa...

I need to read what exactly from ASN WXR needs. I'm not buying another addon just to use WXR, which I don't use anyway on Q400...

I don't know what to tell you...it's a module built by HifiSim that comes with ASN that hooks directly into the FSX program, much like FSUIPC does.  It doesn't belong to PMDG, Opus, REX, or anyone else.  HifiSim allows other developers to use their exported data from this module to make a weather radar...like PMDG did.

If you want Opus to work the same way, you have to bug Opus to build a similar module.  It's not PMDG or ActiveSky's problem.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png