Sign in to follow this  
soundrats

SP1d

Hi out there,

I am not a Steam FSX user - so do I need the update SP1d? Cause it is a full install I hesitate to update and will not if it only improve on Steam FSX.

Thnx Tom

I am not a Steam FSX user - so do I need the update SP1d?

Nope.

Thnx Tom

Full names here, please. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Hi out there,

I am not a Steam FSX user - so do I need the update SP1d? Cause it is a full install I hesitate to update and will not if it only improve on Steam FSX.

Thnx Tom

Nope.

I raised a ticket about the OC and in passing Ryan told me that SP1d did have some benefits for FSX and recommended I install it. He didnt say what these were, but I assume they are stability and speed improvements mentioned in the changelog.

If nothing else installing it got rid of the notifications tellling me an update was available. With the livery backup system in the OC reinstalling the 777 is very straightforward.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I raised a ticket about the OC and in passing Ryan told me that SP1d did have some benefits for FSX and recommended I install it. He didnt say what these were, but I assume they are stability and speed improvements mentioned in the changelog.

If nothing else installing it got rid of the notifications tellling me an update was available. With the livery backup system in the OC reinstalling the 777 is very straightforward.

Thnx for your answer,

so a fresh install with a full uninstall is recommended I think. Or is it ok to ran it over the existing version?

Kind Regards Tom

SP1d?

Yes SP1d is is the actual update which is only available through full install. It seems to be different for FSX and FSX Steam users.

Tom

Thnx for your answer,

so a fresh install with a full uninstall is recommended I think. Or is it ok to ran it over the existing version?

Kind Regards Tom

I uninstalled, reinstalled then recovered my liveries automatically via the OC. That's usually best with a base installer like SP1d.

Yes SP1d is is the actual update which is only available through full install. It seems to be different for FSX and FSX Steam users.

Tom

The SP1d installer is the same for both versions.

ki9cAAb.jpg

It seems it is needed inorder to update FS2Crew RAAS even for FSX.

FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

It seems it is needed inorder to update FS2Crew RAAS even for FSX.

I havnt updated  and have no issues with RAAS

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I havnt updated  and have no issues with RAAS

Probably true, but to have RAAS updated to the latest version, SP1d is needed.

Finn

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home