Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

XPX: Beautiful airliner action

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

I just finished another XPX flight that went absolutely flawless! With Peter Hager´s Airbus in XPX, I have the perfect amount of work (planning and setting up the approach, calculating the top of descend, etc.), a superb FBW that makes it really enjoyable to take manual control very early during the approach, and XPX (with SMP, MaxxFX and tweaked art controls) delivers the icing on the cake: the breathtakingly beautiful graphics!

Worth noting in these screenies:

-Please look at those true 3D clouds that cast shadows just like the real ones would (can be seen very good on the top down shot)

-Note, that Peter´s FMGC might be based on the default XPX stuff (hence the red line on the ND), but there is some heavy custom code going on under the hood, so, in managed descend, all constraints during the transition via NERDU onto the ILS of LOWW´s RWY43 were perfectly met!

-Please look at the dynamic lighting on the textures of the 3D cockpit, especially on the close up shot of the F/O´s PFD and ND in a right turn! It almost looks photo real!

Ok, enough reading, here are the shots! I hope you enjoy! ;-)

cvvfctapbvu8rgybn.jpg

cvvfllv492zbz9woz.jpg

cvvflvo3ge2aggfyb.jpg

cvvfm39aopgr30iir.jpg

cvvfmd7n3dfd0inr7.jpg

cvvfmm8dpaddqje83.jpg

cvvfo8w8vdyp33jk3.jpg

cvvfohuk0ktfkm6yr.jpg

cvvfopjnlip1vq4lf.jpg

cvvfp5itzm96muzer.jpg

cvvfpda3svri79137.jpg

And, as a little bonus, here are 3 more shots of an evening approach into EDDH during nasty weather:

cvvfsa5zcjl7iw7nn.jpg

cvvfsh9uw2sei7e0z.jpg

cvvfsoak4osase3er.jpg

Great pics love the Autogen on XP looks realistic, great shots :) love the 7th shot especially.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I just recently bought X-Plane (before Christmas) and it needs patience and some more patience.

It's great to see screenshots such as these.

What are your graphics settings?

Jude

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Guest Mik75

Thanks guys!

It so much nicer in motion! ;-)

Here are my settings:

cvvi3i54gn75y5nlv.jpg

Nice shots Michael! May i ask you please which preset you use in Max FX? Cheers!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Guest Mik75

Thank you guys!

I don't use a preset in MaxxFX, it is tweaked to my own likings.

Sad to say, I was dreaming of this last night :)

Thanks for your settings, the lighting bloom is really excellent dude!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Great shots!  Which weather injector for XPX that you used for that nasty weather?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Sad to say, I was dreaming of this last night :)

LOL

ZORAN

Guest Mik75

Great shots!  Which weather injector for XPX that you used for that nasty weather?

Thank you guys! ;-)

I use EFASS for flight planning and wx injection!

Michael, i was dreaming of the sky textures you use especially the evening one! any specific ones, maybe you have a link? Thanks :)

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Guest Mik75

I use the "hazy day" medium contrast sky textures from SMP v2. (not 100% sure though if that's the correct name, I am not on my computer right now)

I tried the HD runway textures a long time ago, and somehow I didn't like the result too much. Might give them another try anytime soon... ;-)