Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

PMDG 777 Product update question

Hello everyone, my PMDG Operations Center just advised me there is a new update for the 777, under the ECommerce account, with the following message: "PMDG ECOMMERCE CUSTOMERS
To update to this version, you must download the full installer from your account at PMDG's
eCommerce website". I do not see the full installer, just a link at the bottom of the page for the 777-300 ER, and I do not understand whether that is the full installer the Operations Center is talking about, or maybe I am just dumb and I am looking at the wrong page....thanks for your support,

Enrico :)

Just to be clear: I have both the 777 base package and the 300 ER extension package. On the ECommerce page, at the bottom of  the page for each order, I have a link. Does that mean I have to download both products all over again, and first delete the ones I have already installed into FSX?

Enrico

Yes, the update is built into the full installer. There is no update only installer.

Hi Guys,

Do we need to remove both 77F & 773 first before installing this new update? 

Jason Thompson

Exactly, that would have been my next question...what do we do with the original versions we already installed?

Enrico

You don't have to deinstall anything.

Running the installer over the previous installation you have two options "Repair" and "Remove".

"Repair" does it. It keeps all you liveries, too.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

No one needs to update if you don't have or plan to have FSX:SE, the update is only a new installer for both FSX and FSXSE.  The product was not changed in any way except for changes you'd never notice to make it all work in FSXSE.

There is no harm in updating... other than your time expended.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have been trying to get the 777 to work in fsx-se but it simply does not.

I downloaded the updated installer file as instructed, installed sim connect and the 777 but i dont get an activation screen. When the 777 loads i get black gauges and it does not even show the initialization prompt with count down timer.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate, turned off my firewall and do not have the original fsx installed.

Please help.

I would get a support ticket for that

ZORAN

No one needs to update if you don't have or plan to have FSX:SE, the update is only a new installer for both FSX and FSXSE.  The product was not changed in any way except for changes you'd never notice to make it all work in FSXSE.

There is no harm in updating... other than your time expended.

Not quite true. The new version of RAAS is embedded in the full installer version SP1d.

And one more question: installing the new package over the previous one (repair option) will keep my custom settings within the planes?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Not quite true. The new version of RAAS is embedded in the full installer version SP1d.

Not true back at ya.  The RAAS update is only required for P3D operation. We discovered that RAAS didn't work in P3D and the update resolved that.

Using PMDG installer repair option only works in pre-SP1D installers.  Once FSXSE quagmire was introduced PMDG had to remove the repair option.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hmmm..all this is indeed important and essential information. Seems that PMDG needs to improve their information level towards their customers!

Phillip

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

So just to be clear for people like me.  (you can call that what you like) :)

I have the T777 loaded from disc.  I don't use FSX SE. When I go into the Operations Centre and it tells me that an update is available I don't need to update.  I was going to ask because when I go into my Ecommerce account it only shows my PMDG 747 that I bought from download as the T777 I got as a present on disc. Sorry if I seem stupid but I really appreciate your time in answering.

Safe Landings...... Mark