Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer007

How much would you pay for a PMDG 737 NGX upGRADE?

I´m sure you all love the 737NGX as much as I do!

As we know a 737 SP2 is not as high on the list as other great projects right now. But if there where development capacities in future,

1. which features would you like to see in the 737 and

2. how much would you pay for a upgrade?

I would love to have

- a improved FMC (custom waypoints)

(

)

- low speed protection with the SPD mode deselected on approach ( A/T in ARM)

- weather radar

2. As it needs a lot of additional work, I would definitely pay 50-100$ for a upgrade!

Cheers,

Berni

Why pay for an upgrade when Rob has already stated that at least the weather radar will be released in SP1d for the NGX. It's in development and you may even see it in the next couple of weeks.

Discussions about pricing policies are not permitted in this forum.

ki9cAAb.jpg

welcome back Berni long time no see

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hey :) 

..and I forgot 

- Scimitar Winglets ;)

- a improved FMC (custom waypoints)

- low speed protection with the SPD mode deselected on approach ( A/T in ARM)

- weather radar

Cheers,

Berni

Really? Since when? 

If people want to dismiss or delete Berni's completely harmless question and post, purely because of a policy, that really would be their loss.

The guy flies real NG's day in and day out, so I think his views on upgrade features are pretty valuable personally.

It's not a post about pricing - it's a post about upgrade features.

Have you submitted your application to PMDG to become a moderator?  :P

If people want to dismiss or delete Berni's completely harmless question and post, purely because of a policy, that really would be their loss.

The guy flies real NG's day in and day out, so I think his views on upgrade features are pretty valuable personally.

Craig, don't worry, those people who are trying to dismiss or delete his commentary are not employed by PMDG and are not authorised spokespersons of PMDG. I have never seen a PMDG "policy" forbidding discussion on pricing. I think Berni has some interesting points, and whilst I don't believe any "pay for upgrade" commentary would influence PMDG, but it is interesting to see what others, especially a RW 737 pilot, want. 

It's not a post about pricing - it's a post about upgrade features

Craig, don't worry, those people who are trying to dismiss or delete his commentary are not employed by PMDG and are not authorised spokespersons of PMDG. I have never seen a PMDG "policy" forbidding discussion on pricing.

Rob has stated many times pricing wont be tolerated on the pmdg  forum and  the post will be  deleted, this is  a quote from kyles post on the pricing

Yep. It's been stated clearly multiple times in the past that discussion of the pricing policy is strictly forbidden. We've been knocking those posts out as we see them.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Stop talking about the issue of talking about pricing. It's a hilarious repeat of every other thread.

Sadly the subject mentioned the word "pay" - but from what I see, this shouldn't really be treated as a price issue - more an upgrade one. So perhaps we stop being oversensitive and lay off the fellow, without the need to hassle moderators - who must think they are this guy...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EVxBEKg6L.jpg

Have a great day. This T7 is unreal in P3D ;)

Rob has stated many times pricing wont be tolerated on the pmdg forum and the post will be deleted, this is a quote from kyles post on the pricing

Yep. It's been stated clearly multiple times in the past that discussion of the pricing policy is strictly forbidden. We've been knocking those posts out as we see them.

This thread has nothing to do with pricing policy? Kyle's post (importantly in context!) was about the discounts/upgrade/licensing debacle that occurred over the 777 for P3D. How is saying "I would pay $50-100 for these features" the same as "what on earth PMDG why can't I get a discount, I've bought this before" etc etc.

And a tip for the wannabe moderators, there's nothing stopping you starting your own flight sim forum. Then you'd be the overall administrator?!!!! Wow think of the powers you'd have!!! You can moderate the moderators!

And a tip for the wannabe moderators, there's nothing stopping you starting your own flight sim forum. Then you'd be the overall administrator?!!!! Wow think of the powers you'd have!!! You can moderate the moderators!

Agreed 100%. Good point well made - some folk would love this...

If you fire up that website, I'll make us both some comedy hats :Cowboy:

Have a great day.

Haha, imagine this kind of discussion in any other commercial software support forum..! E.g. Adobe, Microsoft.. "It´s forbidden to ask how much someone would like to pay for a additional software feature!".. 

This is just unprofessional. Kindergarden.. Sad. And I can´t really believe, this is PMDG policy.. 

Where are we? So it´s probably the best, that someone deletes this thread.. and maybe it´s better that I delete my free advertisement Skysurfer007 videos of PMDG products also..

Berni

There's nothing wrong with this thread, Berni. Some people just like to pretend to be mods.

Regarding your initial question - since the weather radar will be included in a free update, together with some additional features and fixes, I'd agree on your list.

What I'd like to see would be:

- a correct cockpit geometry (low priority, though)

- additional FMS features.

- Split Scimitar winglets.

...and whatever PMDG decide to include once the 747V2 is out and they have some more experience with advanced features.

I'd also be willing to pay for this update...even half the price of the base package.