Sign in to follow this  
FlyingEngineer

How to: PSS 777 and Posky Merge ?

Hello all Simmers,

I have the PSS 777 from Just Flight and I downloaded the merge from the topic here in the forum 'NEW! POSKY/SkySpirit-PSS Boeing 777-200ER Merge Packages!'. I downloaded all the three packages (engine variants). I copied the folder Flight Simulator 9 of both three merges into my Flight Simulator 9 folder. Windows has integrate it and I can load all the aircrafts of the merge. But how to get the virtual cockpit in this aircraft? There is only the 2D Panel from the original PSS 777 and the good looking new Posky 777external model.

Or is it even possible to get the virtual cockpit in it? I hope anyone can give me step by step instruction how to merge it. I know that there are certains on the web, but I don't understand them.

I also noticed that the Project Opensky Website is down (This Account Has Been Suspended). So I cannot download any necessary files.

As anyone the same issue ?

Thanks in advance

Flugsimulatorpilot

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

As far as I can tell it appears that the account being suspended is ours. In both our cases we were using third party add-ons to replace third party add- ons. It appears that posky is not a big fan of this. Yet this is freeware and my intention was not to be disrespectful but just to customize aircraft to my personal taste. In my case I added wing views and a VC right seat as well as customized the audiophile. I made the mistake of posting a how to customize aircraft in this forum.  BAD IDEA!

It is very sad when politics must play a role in this great hobby! I love posky aircraft and I am sorry to have offended that powers over there. My intention was to help new simmers explore the potential of FSX thus increasing it's use. I did not expect this! I expect to be banned from here as well once they read this post. That would be a great honer! 

farewell!

I have the same problem and I am looking into it. If I find out what is happening Ill get back to you

Hi, everyone,

The following is for advanced users:

You need the opensky VC models.  The VC has to be built into the model.  Some of them are available in complete packages here on Avsim.  I've found three, all are large cargo door models.  You have to extract the model files and know how to install them in the merged aircraft of your choice.  The models you want all include "VC" in their names.

RR L

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=134702

GE L

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=146549

PW L

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=144491

I just took a look at Nandan's PSS-POSKY merge.  It has entries for VC gauges, but they are for the PSS VC, not the Opensky VC.  I loaded one of Nandan's merges and the gauges are not showing up for this reason.  So to get the VC to work, you will have to change the VC gauge entries.

Greg Wilson created his own panel for the Opensky 777 for FSX. It has nothing at all to do w/ PSS.  However his VC section has the correct coordinates for placing gauges in the Opensky VC.  So you can download his panel and then use the coordinates in the VC section of his VC panel.cfg files as a guide.  You have to know your way around panel.cfg files to make use of this.  You CANNOT just copy the VC entries from his panel.cfg files as they are for his gauges, not those of PSS.

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=167467

Also bear in mind that this merger WILL NOT WORK in FSX due to PSS limitations.

Hope this is helpful rather than confusing!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

As far as I can tell it appears that the account being suspended is ours. In both our cases we were using third party add-ons to replace third party add- ons. It appears that posky is not a big fan of this. Yet this is freeware and my intention was not to be disrespectful but just to customize aircraft to my personal taste. In my case I added wing views and a VC right seat as well as customized the audiophile. I made the mistake of posting a how to customize aircraft in this forum. BAD IDEA!

It is very sad when politics must play a role in this great hobby! I love posky aircraft and I am sorry to have offended that powers over there. My intention was to help new simmers explore the potential of FSX thus increasing it's use. I did not expect this! I expect to be banned from here as well once they read this post. That would be a great honer!

farewell!

I'm afraid I don't understand what suspension you are talking about.  I also don't understand what you mean by "using third party add-ons to replace third party add- ons."  I believe the suspended account that flugsimulator pilot is referring to is this one, which had many opensky models:

http://poskyarchive.com/

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi,

sorry that I have not answered up to know. I gave up to merge the PSS with the POSKY 777. With a bloom, the VC and the whole aircraft doesn't look bad; it is really nice.

But if someone found a good merge can let me/us know. Just post it in this forum :lol:

Flugsimulatorpilot

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

Or is it even possible to get the virtual cockpit in it? I hope anyone can give me step by step instruction how to merge it. I know that there are certains on the web, but I don't understand them.

Hi, Flugsimulatorpilot,

I sent you a PM a few days ago w/ some information about the VC.  Please  take a look  at your Personal Messenger (in your Profile).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thank you very much Mike777

FlyingEngineer