Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Some of the best photo-scenery I have come across

MSE2 offers some really good photo-scenery for the US, but what they offer for Europe leaves a lot of room for improvement. So far only France VFR and Austria HD offer decent scenery for particular parts of Europe.

A few months ago someone mentioned here on avsim here in the photo-scenery forum that there is excellent photo-scenery for Italy available. And the best thing is, it is all free!! It has taken me three days to download the whole shebang and a few days ago I took my first flight in Northern Italy. Boy oh boy, what a fantastic sight.

It does not only come in superb, real to life colors, no it even covers a fairly large part of Switzerland, part of France and even Austria. And all in superb quality for free!!

Ok, before you have a look at the following screenies, grab yourself a glass of decent Italian red, get your favorite music CD and relax J

We will take off from Aoasta airstrip in the Aosta valley in Northern Italy. Our first “stop” will be Mont Blanc. Btw, all pics are unedited, I just hit the “V” button.

1c59c0.jpg

2817f6.jpg

The Mont Blanc comes into view

34e28d.jpg

49351e.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

After that I flew east to the Matterhorn with equally spectacular views. But I want to spare you this. So here I fly further north, am already deep in Swiss airspace and approach Interlaken, which comes up at the far right

10.jpg

11.jpg

Further east I am heading for the Austrian border

12.jpg

But first I have to cross the Lake Thun

13.jpg

Now I am in Austrian airspace. As I have said before, all of this is still covered by the freeware Italian scenery. Again, you see no color variations and you hardly see any changes in the various tile-presentations. Everything looks just like in the real world.

15.jpg

I hope you like my little flight adventure. I for sure enjoyed it a lot. Why can’t payware from MSE2 reach this kind of quality?

Bernd

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Yap, that's right, it was you, who found it and from whom I got the links. I just didn't want to say earlier, that a certain "TurboTomato" gave me that link. I didn't (and don't) know your real first name :-) 

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Very, very nice screenshots!  Really crisp mountains, beautiful.

I'm currently flying in some brilliant Hawaii photoscenery (google Hawaii Photoreal) which, along with George Keogh's amazing freeware HI airports packs from the library here, has put me in flying heaven (photoreal+autogen=flying bliss); but I'm thinking I'll plan a trip through Italy next!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Yap, that's right, it was you, who found it and from whom I got the links. I just didn't want to say earlier, that a certain "TurboTomato" gave me that link. I didn't (and don't) know your real first name :-) 

It's Paul, but you're better off just putting TurboTomato on here as no-one will know me by my real name  :lol:

Okidoki, Paul, ooops sorry, TurboTomato B)  . Btw I don't think we'll get any feedback from MSE on how they plan to improve their scenery.