Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

2.5 is Out

also thanks to LM that is not so closed minded as Microsoft was

+++++i & to Rob for all his sterling efforts too. Man deserves a medal!

Not seeing 777 thats strange which version of P3D are you running - I would get 2.5 and not worry about it until you try it on 2.5

The PMDG 777-200LR/F and the -300ER are all there in the P3D v2.4. It's FS2Crew's latest PMDG777 v1.3 which was working fine with the P3D until that sudden failure that took place after I had installed FSDT's GSX. When I managed to recover the P3D, the FS2Crew 777 ceased to even show up. So, AV disabled, re-installed it and this is what it showed(as below)

Fs2CrewNonsense4c971.jpg

WhatThisThen23c68.jpg

LoL!! I'm crawling on a 50Mbps Broadband at 6.3Mbps download. Will have to contain my excitemnet for later as I've been reading that I need to delete all 2.4 stuff, so as I'm still en route with another 1300 miles to go. And still have a 1.15VAS remaining. Not bad, not bad at all!

Make sure you use add remove programs to un-install P3D - I uninstall all of my addons first - P3D last (main folder loaded on my c:drive called P3D) - I delete everything left over my in P3D folder I delete manually then run ccleaner and reboot

delete this folder also C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\lockheedmartin folder

Also dont forget to give all rights to these folders using take ownership freeware program

Seems like something wrong with fs2crew - they will figure it out for you as I dont use it - just get 2.5 and start fresh - to much wasted time especially how good 2.5 seems to be - I am going to install now as I have done my cleanup

Rich Sennett

also thanks to LM that is not so closed minded as Microsoft was

What, the Microsoft that opened up the MS Flight Simulator to everyone via its SDK ?

How do you imagine we have all of these addons ? and P3D even.

Definitely big thanks to LM ... to be honest it's rare to get developers interacting with end users.  I appreciate them listening and progressing the platform.

A2A is fine,

GTN750 is fine,

OpusFSI works but I had FPS issues with it

ASN will need an update

FSGRW will need an update

Orbx will need an update

Virtuali will need an update

FSUIPC already has an update

GoFlight and GIT is fine

PrecipitFX is fine

REX 4 TD will need an update

... I pretty much had to do all my own custom weather setup since I could not get any weather engine other than OpusFSI to work ... so my weather testing was limited to what P3D offers.

I would uninstall v2.4, and manually make sure ALL the P3D folders are gone ... uninstallers will often leave files/folders intact that are not part of the original install and/or if they've been changed (i.e. by 3rd party).

Cheers, Rob.

When you say manually delete files, what specifically? What deep folders should I be looking in.

Make sure you use add remove programs to un-install P3D - I uninstall all of my addons first - P3D last (main folder loaded on my c:drive called P3D) - I delete everything left over my in P3D folder I delete manually then run ccleaner and reboot

delete this folder also C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\lockheedmartin folder

Also dont forget to give all rights to these folders using take ownership freeware program

Seems like something wrong with fs2crew - they will figure it out for you as I dont use it - just get 2.5 and start fresh - to much wasted time especially how good 2.5 seems to be - I am going to install now as I have done my cleanup

Muchos Gracias, Amigo. As always, you're a star,always willing to help.Much appreciated. Now go have fun with 2.5. Look forward to your feedback.

When you say manually delete files, what specifically? What deep folders should I be looking in.

It is recommended that you uninstall v2.4 before installing v2.5. Additionally, if you have any issues running v2.5 it is recommend that you clear all files found in the following folders:

• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
    %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

From EGFF to YSSY

Rob, you all are awesome and I, as well as everyone else here, thank you personally for all your support..

Will start cleaning out the HDD tonight...  B)

Thank you again for the quick reply sir!!!

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

In addition to those 4 folders above, AFTER uninstalling v2.4, make sure you delete the folder that contains the Prepar3d.exe ... very important because the uninstaller may not delete the main folder if the uninstaller finds other folders it doesn't know about (i.e. like any 3rd party add-ons).

Cheers, Rob.

Will do Rob, thanks again guy..

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Many thanks to Rob and LM for all their work! Looking forward to more feedback from everyone before I uninstall 2.4 and install 2.5.

Orman

Has anyone added Mytraffic to v2.5 because I noticed there's no simobjects line in the cfg.

I believe that someone said that the information has been moved to simobjects.cfg in the sim's subfolder under c:/programdata.

what about UTX V2 for P3D

If that does not work, and no ASN as of yet , I will have to wait