Sign in to follow this  
ModelTrainGuy

PMDG 777 in Prepar3D 2.5

Not for me. I did all the tricks in this forum: admin install, Simconnect install... License get's not activated and Simconnect gives an error.Opened a ticket with PMDG.

W8.1 64-bit, P3Dv2.5

No problem here. Works like a charm in Prepar3d v2.5...

Carlo Kraemer

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

It works, but you'll lose the weather radar in the process (HiFi needs to update ASN for v2.5 and then it'll be good again).

Kyle Rodgers

...would also like to know what is the right way to go

a short statement from PMDG like --you can install it or wait for an update-- would be nice !

It works, but you'll lose the weather radar in the process (HiFi needs to update ASN for v2.5 and then it'll be good again).

oh Kyle you was a second too fast :lol:

...would also like to know what is the right way to go

a short statement from PMDG like --you can install it or wait for an update-- would be nice !

oh Kyle you was a second too fast :lol:

haha - yep.

Full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

I got it working. I type in the activation license (no copy paste) and change language of my W8.1 back to it's Original. After activation still blank screens but all fine after restart of P3D.

I got it working. I type in the activation license (no copy paste) and change language of my W8.1 back to it's Original. After activation still blank screens but all fine after restart of P3D.

Full names in this forum please. Thank you.

Not a single glitch installing into P3D2.5 with Win7... just a lot of work because the conversion had to be done on a blank slate.

Dan Downs KCRP

I P3D V2.5 and Global FTX + vector + OpenLC Europe an OOM problem. I use besides AI traffic. In FSX no problem with OOM.

I P3D V2.5 and Global FTX + vector + OpenLC Europe an OOM problem. I use besides AI traffic. In FSX no problem with OOM.

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Dan Downs KCRP

Look on the P3D forums, there are plenty of tips on there on how to prevent OOMs. The main ones include using 1024 textures, limiting autogen and shadows etc.

The main ones include using 1024 texture

I'm not convinced that's necessary yet... still testing.  So far I can run 4096 textures without OOM in v2.5 but I've just started tests.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm not convinced that's necessary yet... still testing.  So far I can run 4096 textures without OOM in v2.5 but I've just started tests.

Not a P3D user so wouldn't know. I just read the thread on the P3D forum about OOMs and how to solve them. I guess it's all trial and error like FSX