Sign in to follow this  
jjgp101

Runtime error R6025

Impossible to fly more than 10 minutes .... after this time I get the error message :

MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY

Runtime Error !

Program : C:/PREPAR3D/ Prepar3D.exe

R6025

- pure virtual function call

Why this error ?????

Thanks in advance

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

I got this error occasionally in P3DV2.4. So far I have not seen it in V2.5. I suspect your Microsoft Visual's are not installed properly. See the AVSIM CTD Guide in regards to proper installation/versions. Also make sure you have P3D.exe running as Administrator. Go to the main P3D Folder and right click P3D, click on Properties and then select the Compatibility tab. Make sure Run as Administrator is checked at the bottom for all users.

Also, right click the P3D main folder, select Properties, and then look in the Share tab. Make sure the folder and subfolders are shared. Also look in the Securities tab and make sure you and users have full privileges. If not, and you are the Administrator for your computer, make sure you have full control. You can also download and run a program called TakeOwnership too. Then, when you right click the main P3D Folder, you will have the option to Take Ownership. Again, see the AVSIM CTD Guide for information about sharing and taking ownership.

Of course, UAC must be disabled and your anti-virus program should have been disabled when you installed the product.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim for your answer ... I am going to have a look step by step to all your suggestions and run P3D each time .... I hope and wish to find the solution with your help.

I'll come back

Thanks again

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

PD - My SO is W7 64 bits and all the Visual C++ I have ( 2005,2008,2010, 2012 ) are for that ( 64 bits ) ... as P3D is a 32 bit App ... may be this the problema ???

Any news about that type of CTD? Can be confirmed that it is mostly caused by OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1? I noticed that vPilot could not create vatsim traffic plane, it beeped and next I got was the crash. Could it be related?

Make sure you have TESSELLATION ticked ON (in the P3D settings menu). I used to get the R6025 error all the time with it ticked OFF.

Hope this helps

Regards

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thank you for the suggestion I have read all afternoon about that error and ended up with suggestions TESSELLATION to be OFF but will try your suggestion. Mine is OFF right now. My tests shows that ~1:30h in flight makes that error to happen with vPilot and ASN (lattest from forum post) on. 10 min ago I let P3D to rebuild new prepar3d.cfg and do another thest now. I will give feedback latter.

Thank you for the suggestion I have read all afternoon about that error and ended up with suggestions TESSELLATION to be OFF

Tessellation MUST be ticked ON to avoid the R6025 error. Worked for me!

FSUK.jpg

I suspect your Microsoft Visual's are not installed properly.

Jim, You're on the ball as usual. Could there be malware around infecting those libraries? I would say it's worth removing and adding the latest set, some updates have come out. Steve.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

So far 3h flight time with ESSELLATION set to ON and no error thanks to TrafficPilot. SteveW thanks for that suggestion I will leave it for last if other things do not help. The next step is to add "AffinityMask=14" and "OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1" and test again. I will give feedback again so other people with the same error can use this topic for help.

Glad it's all working for you now Sharkey05! Happy flying :)

FSUK.jpg

In Prepar3D/Home/Forums/Prepar3D Application Support/Prepar3D Client Application Questions/R6205 Pure Virtual Function Call / Run Time Error you can see my question and exhaustive tests about this problem without solution for it, and also the answer that Adam Breed ( Prepar3D Software Manager ) has given.

Like he has told, the problema is not an easy one, but the good news are that they are going to do their best and hope to give a remedy in future releases.

To know that LM are working in this way makes me to think that we are going to have a solution .... I don't know when, but sure we shall have it

Regards

J J Gómez Prieto