Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

NEW - LINDA 2.6.0 Beta 11 Release - Saitek Panels & Dynamic Devices

After 8 weeks of development, trial and error and false starts, I am pleased to offer the next version of LINDA 2.6.0 as a Beta release.

This version introduces dynamic connection and disconnection of Joysticks/Devices (switchable) and the ability to connect directly to Saitek Multi and Radio Panels.  I am indebted to user Cooly for his excellent work on the Saitek panels.

Before installing please READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR MODULES FOLDER.

Please report any observations and issues on this thread.  All comments are welcome especially from users with Saitek Multi and Radio panels.

The beta 11 can be downloaded from here

New Features/Fixed issues:

• Re-introduced HotKeys for saving 2D panel positions and removing windows titles (FSX and P3D).
  • Added ATC library for using FSX ATC functions.
  • Fixed issue where HID device names were not permanent.
  • Fixed scroll bar on News panel.
  • Removed old style CH Pedals from devices.
  • Added ability to generate list of MCP and HID assignments to text files.

IMPORTANT - due to an error in the previous beta versions it is possible that the system hid configuration file has become corrupted. If you get an Access Violation error with opening the Joystick page, delete the following file: \linda-cfg\system\config-hid.lua.  It will be automatically created correctly the next time you start LINDA.

Known Issues:

• The footer HID icons may initially mismatch the selected type.

A short video on the installation and setup LINDA is here.

Edited by ScotFlieger
Beta 11 (build 128) - Fixed issues found

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Andrew (was it you who speaks on the installation video?)

Want to report my first impression of my old MCP1 Type and Linda 2.6 Beta 7.

Installed it over  Version 1.13, so I have not the PMDG 737NGX Module 3.2 but Version 2.0

Seems to be working very well, are there any aspects I can test that were problematic in Version 2.50?

Maybe all problems I had were related to the PMDG-Module and not to the main program?

OK just tested with  PMDG 737NGS 3.2.

Displays are in sync, only the part between SPD and HDG is problematic.

Setting flaps displays Flapsposition very short like flashing and quickly changing with __ _

Same to transpondermode

If I change alt, Flapspostion is displayed for about 1 sec.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Hi Roland

Thank you for the update. Yes, it is my monotone voice on the video.

I am pleased that I have solved some of the MCP1 issues. Is it just the 737 module that is affected? Do you get the same problems with Default C172 or other aircraft? If you can video the problem I may be able to investigate.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

After 6 weeks of development, trial and error and false starts, I am pleased to offer the next version of LINDA 2.6.0 as a Beta release. This version introduces dynamic connection and disconnection of Joysticks/Devices (switchable) and the ability to connect directly to Saitek Multi and Radio Panels.  I am indebted to user Cooly for his excellent work on the Saitek panels. Before installing please READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR MODULES FOLDER. Please report any observations and issues on this thread. The beta 7 can be downloaded from here. A short video on the installation and setup LINDA is here.

Hi,

Really sorry if this is an incorrect question. However would I be able to use this with the Pmdg 777 along with the saitek multi panel and have the displays (speed, heading, altitude) in sync?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Little Problem when saving any change in the NGX-Config.

Always this is added at the buttom of the Config_MCP.lua

DME1 = {
["A  +"]   	= n/a  ,
["A ++"]   	= n/a  ,
["A  -"]   	= n/a  ,
["A --"]   	= n/a  ,
["PRESS"]  	= n/a  ,
}

FRE1 = {
["A  +"]   	= Default_RADIOS_plus  , 
["A ++"]   	= Default_RADIOS_plusfast  ,
["A  -"]   	= Default_RADIOS_minus  ,
["A --"]   	= Default_RADIOS_minusfast  ,
["PRESS"]  	= Default_RADIOS_press  ,
}

This leads into a error displayed in the console.

2693965 *** LUA Error: ...dules\linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/config-mcp.lua:625: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'n' (a table value)

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Hi,

Really sorry if this is an incorrect question. However would I be able to use this with the Pmdg 777 along with the saitek multi panel and have the displays (speed, heading, altitude) in sync?

Hi Falconfly

I am sorry I can't answer your question. The Saitek code was developed by a colleague and I have not been able to test it myself as I do not have either panel nor do I fly the PDMG 777. However, it should work with any aircraft that complies with the FSX standard. It is one reason for releasing the beta version.

Little Problem when saving any change in the NGX-Config.

Hi Roland

This is one of the problems I have in trying to support the MCP1.  However, I have a little edit fix you can try.

Find folder \FSX\Modules\Linda\data\templates and file _radios1.txt.  Open file in Notepad and delete the last 2 blocks from line DME1 = { down to and including last line with }. Save file and then go back to the 737 config in LINDA, can a button assignment and save.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi

Problem with the flashing part of the display seems to be gone since I restarted LINDA/FSX

Problem in post#5 appears with every aircraft.

Maybe the code is only useable for MCP2?

This is one of the problems I have in trying to support the MCP1.  However, I have a little edit fix you can try.

Find folder \FSX\Modules\Linda\data\templates and file _radios1.txt.  Open file in Notepad and delete the last 2 blocks from line DME1 = { down to and including last line with }. Save file and then go back to the 737 config in LINDA, can a button assignment and save.

Yes that works. Great!

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Hi Roland

Thank you for the confirmation. I will add that fix to the baseline.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

OK :-)

Next item

I use the Saitek YOKE witch has a mode switch.

These three buttons (9, 10, 11) are only recognized if the system panel Gamecontroller (Properties ov saitek... )is openhc_467.jpg

When closed, the mode switch isn't recognized as a button anymore, that is very strange, cause all other buttons work pretty well.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Hi Roland

I believe the Saitek Yoke Mode Switch in on the front of the righthand handle where your first finger would sit.  It will be seen by LINDA as 3 buttons that can be assigned to the Unshifted/Shifted One/Shifted Two functions.

On the CH Eclipse Yoke there is a 3 position rotary switch on the centre of the yoke which LINDA again sees as 3 buttons.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

that is exactly the switch I mean.

If it works on your system, did you install the Saitek software? I only use the driver.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Hi Roland

I don't own the Saitek Yoke but, from those that requested the multi-mode feature, I would say that you only need to be running LINDA 2.6.0 - no Saitek software is needed. Once you assign the shift function to the switch, you will be able to set 3 functions to every button on your yoke and other devices (if Global box ticked). You will need to bear in mind that if you have critical functions, such as comms PTT or view controls, that you need to access at all times you will need to assign the same function to those buttons in all 3 modes. There is a short-cut copy option at the top of the pop up menu to do this.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

that is clear, but LINDA does not receive what mode is selected on the yoke if the System Control Panel (left window in my picture) is not open.

Sorry, it is a bit difficult for me to explain 

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Hi Roland

I think I understand what you mean. LINDA only sees the individual buttons and not any modes created by the Saitek control software. However, by providing 3 "mode" or shift levels you can emulate what Saitek intended. This applies not only to just the Yoke as the Saitek software does but, if you wish, across all devices.  

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I'm sorry to say, but you really don't understand what I try to explain.

To be clear, I don't have any Saitek-Software installed, just the driver OK?

If I switch the mode button to another position this is not shown in LINDAs assignment page, the related number is not selected.

If I push any other button, the number turns to black for the time the button is pushed and the row for this button is highlighted. OK?

The mode 1 position is button number 9, mode 2 button number 10, mode 3 button number 11.

And now I open the Systemcontrolpanel of windows, select Gamecontroller, Find Saitek Yoke, klick right, choose properties, And after several mouseclick I see the window you can see

left on my picture. There you see the red glowing "Betriebsmodus" and on the right site of the picture the now highlighted number 9.

Now the assignment works. It does not if I close the left window.

Maybe another user with saitek yoke can test this.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.