Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

How to install UT2 into P3D 2.5

I actually have both UT2 and P3D set to 0 now. Since I purchased VoxATC it makes enough traffic from the UT2 Aircraft.

I haven't upgraded to 2.5 yet, but I hope voxatc can still find the UT2 AI in the new cfg..

So, am I to understand that UT2 does not work perfectly with P3D v2.5? If that is the case, then it is yet another reason (for me) not to upgrade from 2.4.

On a side note, can anyone confirm that the new payware version of EditVoicePack works fine (or more correctly....updates fine) in P3D? The old version seems to have problems with compatibility of some sound files.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

UT2 works just fine in v2.5, as long as you follow the instructions.  The AI sliders in P3D have NO effect.  Setting UT2 traffic levels from the UT2 GUI, to around 30%, gives me ample traffic on my modest rig.

UT2 works just fine in v2.5, as long as you follow the instructions

Does that include the repaint management utility?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Now that I can't say Christopher as I've never used it.

I add plenty of new airline schedules and repaints on my PC, so I really need that to be working properly.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have everything in UT2 working properly with P3D 2.5. This includes all database management, Power Pack, and repaint tools. I installed using the Migration Tool and initially I was getting an error opening the UT2 interface. The fix was to make sure the ordering of SimObjects in the Prepar3D.cfg file was correct. When UT2 installs is puts an entry in the config that starts with number 7 I believe. Since all the SimObjects moved in 2.5 to a seperate config file this was out of order and causing the interface to show an error. Changing that in the config to the number 0 fixed the problem.

The basic thing to remember is UT2 doesn't know the SimObjects moved to the ProgramData folder so you have to still have the correct entry in Prepar3D.cfg - If you add in other SimObjects folders for other aircraft and use UT2 to control them you'll have to add those folders into the cfg file as well. There will also need to be entries in the SimObjects.cfg file in the ProgramData folder as well. Hope this makes sense!

Brandon

Yes! Here is how I installed UT2 v2.9 into P3D v2.5 using EMT.

1. enable EMT

2. install UT2 pointing to the P3D directory

3. UT2 installer will put this line into the "prepar3d.cfg":

[Main]

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

4. leave it there

5. open %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\simobjects.cfg

6. add this line:

[Entry.9]

Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

7.open up %appdata%\roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2settings.cfg

8. you should see something like this"

[Main]

FSX cfg File Location =C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

FSX Location=E:\P3D\

hideDisclaimer=1

9.make sure FSX Location= your P3D directory. Don't change anything else. Trust me.

10.open up "exe.dll" to see if this is in there:

<Launch.Addon>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Name>UT2</Name>

<Path>E:\P3D\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>

</Launch.Addon>

11.You should have a Ultimate Traffic 2 shortcut on your desktop. Don't run it yet

12. DISABLE EMT

13.Reboot, then run the UT2 shortcut.

Of course you'll have to change the paths to reflect your setup. My UT2 Aircraft folder is inside the SimObjects directory (Airplanes, Animals, Boats, etc)

Everything works as it should as long as EMT is disabled. I was able to add the CamSim 787 to UT2 using PowerPack and adding repaints to existing airplanes doesn't throw out any error messages.

It works, but alas, UT2 seems to be orphaned.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Its working for me now . Thank you Richard an everyone that help

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Its working for me now . Thank you Richard an everyone that help

Welcome Buddy - still fighting the flu - no fun - thanks guys

Rich Sennett

does not work for me using the EMt tool, some of those entries that are supposed to be in the config files are not being put in by the UT2 installer

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

You need to do manual entries - try work thru directions

Rich Sennett

So, I have it installed and working somewhat - I see traffic in P3D.  However, the only thing that doesn't work is the Traffic Options->Aircraft Repaints.  It pops up an error message stating an "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application...InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for SelectedIndex".  When I launch UT2, it gives an error stating "Error loading aircraft assignments.  InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for SelectedIndex'. Parameter name: SelectedIndex"

Any ideas?  I installed per instructions a few posts back with Migration Tool.  Only thing different is that my UTSettings.cfg points to Prepar3D.cfg for it's config file rather than FSX.cfg like in the instructions above.  I do not have FSX installed any more.  This is a P3D only system now.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Kevin,

Have you tried to run addon schedules and repaints in P3D that you added in FSX? I seem to remember seeing one or two messages like that after installing UT2 into P3D v2.4, and it was because I didn't transfer all of the necessary files (specifically the UT2Interface.db file) required to let UT2 "know" that modifications had been made.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png