Sign in to follow this  
BestPlane

Flashing Lights at Aerosofts Friedrichshafen (EDNY)

Hello guys,

the problem I have is that the runway and apron lights at Friedrichshafen EDNY are flashing like hell.

I know those very bad programed german airports are very difficult to handle, but I just want make sure that there is nothing I can do on this issue.

I already tried every possible setting in the legacy option menu.

(momentarily: regulator is set all the way to the left to scenery with v2.0 transparency and lightning rules ticked / in the lights,effects page "convert effects" and "exclude orbx" is ticked).

I feel very comfortable with this settings except at EDNY :(

Maybe someone here has proper setting that stops flashing at EDNY or any other solution because I cant image my FSX without Steves genius Fixer!

Thanks in advance and always happy landings

Manuel Miller

Hi,

A few questions.

Have you installed a light Field? Is this true with the aircraft lights on? And if so is it true with a stock aircraft with stock lights?

thank you for your reply. Yes I copied the EDNY Light field BGL into the airports scenery folder but had no succes with it :(

If I delete the light field bgl i dont get flashing but the lights are missing completely.

The problem occurs with every aircraft I use, even with sock aircrafts. Doesnt matter if I turn the lights on or off

Man this airport is reeeally stubborn

Manuel Miller

I purchased Aerosoft EDNY.

Somewhat surprisingly I cannot find a problem - no flashing lights. It needs a lightfield for the taxiway lights.

So what is different?

Could it be that you have an older copy of EDNY airport - e.g in a German Freeware scenery package?

I am using FTX Global - are you using anything different?

Do you have any nonstandard nearby scenery at all that I might not have?

Thank you so much for your effort!

Yes thats kinda strange indeed.

Ok, I currently have FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC Europe in use. No other nonstandard airports nearby, and there wasnt any other scenery installed before.

Version 1.01 is installed which is the latest version of EDNY.

Just to make it sure: Lightfield.bgl needs to be copied to the aerosoft/friedrichshafen scenery folder?

Maybe you can send me over your configuration file then I can check where our settings differ :)

Manuel Miller

Just to make it sure: Lightfield.bgl needs to be copied to the aerosoft/friedrichshafen scenery folder?

normally not, but some airport sceneries need this.

So, yes, EDNY_lightfield.bgl to be copied into the Friedrichshafen scenery folder or alternatively into the FSX/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.