Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Tak (or anyone with LatinVFR KMIA scenery, could you go into ADE, import the LatinVFR airport .bgl file, list runways, and let me know what the runways state? I keep getting reports regarding LatinVFR scenery (see below), there might be an incompatibility lurking (that could be easily fixed if I find out what the problem is) (I haven't bought the scenery).

The Latin VFR runways list the following:

ID Heading Length Meters Width Meters Surface Cross Wind Comments

08R/26L 087.4 3180.1 61.0 CONCRETE No  

08L/26R 087.4 2621.3 45.8 CONCRETE No  

09/27 087.4 3960.3 45.7 CONCRETE No  

10R/28L 095.2 3.0 3.0 ICE Yes  

10L/28R 103.0 3.0 3.0 ICE Yes  

11R/29L 110.8 3.0 3.0 ICE Yes  

11L/29R 118.6 3.0 3.0 ICE Yes  

12/30 119.6 2880.0 45.7 CONCRETE No

The runways listed as ICE have an X next to them, I assume means closed or false (hidden) runways, the Concrete runways all of a runway drawing next to them signifying they are present in the sim.

Brian

Roland

Sorry I've been quite busy for the past few weeks.

The runways data list of LatinVFR is just as same as Brian's.

Might be an issue regarding Crosswind Runways...?

Tak

Roland, wondering aloud if the issue might be related to Jim Vile's crosswind runway technique being implemented in ADE for these problem airports, whereas "fake" runways are created in the AFD file within 7.9 degrees of existing runways to trick FSX  into making use of  the other runways for traffic?

I'm also wondering if you're able to scan Airport Facilitator X files because I've created one for KMSP and using enhanced mode, my landing AI get poofed - no gates available, unable to determine taxi routes.  I'll try with another AFCAD created with ADE and see if there's a difference.

The Latin VFR runways list the following:

ID Heading Length Meters Width Meters Surface Cross Wind Comments

08R/26L 087.4 3180.1 61.0 CONCRETE No  

08L/26R 087.4 2621.3 45.8 CONCRETE No  

09/27 087.4 3960.3 45.7 CONCRETE No  

10R/28L 095.2 3.0 3.0 ICE Yes  

10L/28R 103.0 3.0 3.0 ICE Yes  

11R/29L 110.8 3.0 3.0 ICE Yes  

11L/29R 118.6 3.0 3.0 ICE Yes  

12/30 119.6 2880.0 45.7 CONCRETE No

The runways listed as ICE have an X next to them, I assume means closed or false (hidden) runways, the Concrete runways all of a runway drawing next to them signifying they are present in the sim.

Guys, big thanks.  I was hoping when someone posted that data something would "click" and it did.  I'm not testing for closed runways.  I had planned to test it, but at the scenery decompile level they're 1-bit flags (primary and secondary).  I think I fell into the weeds on that one and never got around to doing it, not noticing that I was missing the test until now.

This definitely explains runways not getting selected.  Better yet, it may explain some of the other weirdness people have reported.

Kendall, this could explain the Airport Facilitator X issue, worth a try to recheck it after the fix is out. 

Sorry I've been quite busy for the past few weeks.

The runways data list of LatinVFR is just as same as Brian's.

Might be an issue regarding Crosswind Runways...?

Yes, probably the issue (see above).

Roland,

P3D 2.5 has come out with their third hot fix today.  One of the items of note is this:

*Fixed an issue where AI aircraft would not correctly clear navigation settings. This would cause the AI to constantly overwrite control surface values being set by the user through Sim Connect.

How is this relevant to AI Controller?

Thanks

Brian

Fixed an issue where AI aircraft would not correctly clear navigation settings. This would cause the AI to constantly overwrite control surface values being set by the user through Sim Connect.

Wow, great news, long-standing issue.  It means I could switch over to a control surface control method instead of slewing, which would have a lot of benefits.  Have to look into it further though.

-Roland

ID      Heading   Length Feet  Width Feet   Surface    XWind   Lock

12/30       112,1          8910,0            144,4    Asphalt    False    None

Thats the runway list from Latin VFR MKJP

A new beta version of AIController v1.14B (full version including Hot Fix 4) is available at the following link:

Hot fix 4 by itself is available at the following link:

Please do not mix with any version of 1.4A or earlier.  Instead, install into a separate directory for testing.

Hot Fix 4 Fixes:

FIXED:  Incomplete aircraft_cfg_data.txt file sometimes causing long rollouts and parking misassignments.

FIXED:  AIController reading "dummy" crosswind runways (Jim Vile-ADE technique) causing problems with final approach assignments after STAR exit.  Note: use force runway option in AIController to support crosswind and parallel operations instead.

FIXED:  High final approaches (AI was incorrectly and quickly transitioning from jetroute to STAR to final leaving AI high on final close to airport).

FIXED:  AI parking alignment.

FIXED:  Not all AI parking codes being read from aircraft.cfg files causing parking misassignments.

FIXED:  AIController crashing reading some STAR/SIDS/Approaches converted from the latest navdata.  

FIXED:  (Evaluating - fix attempted) successive go-arounds for no apparent reason.

New for Version 1.4B (Including Prior Hotfixes):

NEW:  Manually delete AI (or a group of AI(s)) by highlighting them in AIMonitor.  Highlight the AI(s) in the AIMonitor window, right-click, then choose delete.  This is similar to the old AI Traffic Explorer utility.  Good for deleting pesky AI that you can't get to with the FSUIPC zapper, but you can identify on the AIMonitor. 

NEW:  Persistent highlighting of selected AIMonitor rows.  This feature was added to support the delete option above, but has actually been requested several times by itself!  I presume the persistent highlighting will allow the user to better track particular aircraft. 

NEW:  Specify AI install directories outside of the FSX/P3D path.  In the config menu, advanced options.  Useful if an AI package has been installed to location outside the SimObject path.

NEW:  Absolute path to UNC path translator for Scenery.cfg.  In the config menu, advanced options.  Useful for when AIController is running on a networked client.  You can tell AIController the corresponding UNC path for any absolute path (e.g., a path containing a drive letter) appearing in the scenery.cfg.  As always, relative scenery paths (relative to the main FSX/P3D installation directory) are not a problem for AIController, so I recommend using relative paths if possible.  However, absolute paths are very useful for sharing scenery between different simulators (e.g., FSX and P3D).

NEW:  Manual Landing Runway Selection:  If the user for whatever reason dislikes the current landing runway, which is based on prevailing winds, the user can instead enter up to three runways in AIMonitor to override all wind-based landing runway selections.  The AI will immediately switch to the new patterns, there will be no gradual transition.  When two runways are entered (e.g., 32L,32R), the load-balancing will be approx. 50-50.  When three runways are entered (e.g., 17C,18R, 18L), the load-balancing will be approx. 33-33-33.

NEW:  Max. Time Departing AI Remains Stopped on Taxiway Before Deletion.  Maximum time that AI taxiing OUT to the departure runway will be allowed to remained stopped on the taxiway before deletion (default 60 seconds).  Occasionally (even when not using AIController), departing AI becomes "stuck" just before runway entry holding up that AI and all the AI line-up behind it waiting.  This parameter will delete the AI that has become "stuck", allowing the AI behind it enter the runway and take off at a consistent rate.  The parameter cannot be used to increase waiting time higher than the FSX default value.  

NEW: AI Rollout Performance and Parking Based on AI's Aircraft.cfg File and ADE:  The AI rollout performance (e.g., braking distance) and parking preference (e.g., parking codes) are based on performance data in each AI's config file.  The parking algorithm has been revised to conform to typical FSX/P3D - ADE design methods (e.g., first AIController looks to gate radius, second AIControler looks to airline parking codes in the gate order as listed in the ADE parking list).  Version 1.4B automatically reads AI aircraft.cfg data to get each AI's braking, radius, airline code, etc. data, no user action is required.  Thus, the old GrabAIParkingCode utility is being retired.  An interesting note:  AIController will scan more than 5 airline codes per gate, thus eliminating the old FSX restraint.

NEW: Improved Landing Animations.  Consistent touchdown smoke, wheels (including nose-wheel) make firm contact with runway at correct angle, no more smoke effects when AI exits the runway and enters taxiway.  Touchdown smoke may be less prevalent at airports near sea level.

NEW: Special WinXP versions of AIController.exe and AIConv.exe are included in the distribution:  If you're running AIController in a networked configuration on an older laptop running WinXP, please use the AIController_WinXP.exe and AIConv_WinXP.exe files in the WinXP folder (see the readme in that folder for further instructions).

NEW: Latest version of SIDSTARConverter included, which allows you to select your preferred version of AIConv.exe.  The latest AIConv.exe is included in the AIController installation directory.

Prior Fixes for Version 1.4B:

HOTFIX 3: (1) AI being deleted after rollout at some airports.  Problem was due to conversion error (parking radius stored in scenery files as meters, AI wingspan stored in aircraf.cfg files as feet); (2) AIController sometimes crashing because of bad taxi-graph read; (3) Multiple fixes for non-enhanced mode, including custom final approach/autogen files not being selected and AI disappearing/re-appearing in AIMonitor; (4) Waypoint updates can be made while FSX/P3D running.

HOT FIX 2:  (1) Expanded search for *.cfg files in all of the SimObjects subdirectories.  I don't have all AI add-on packages, so I suppose it is possible some package will have the AI reside outside Simobjects.  If so, let me know and I'll patch it up again; (2) Fixed continuing issue with repetitive "Scenery Change Detected" message and then AIMonitor attempting update waypoints at the same time it starts AIController; (3) Fixed bug where sometimes AIControllerPath.txt doesn't sometimes contain the "taxi=" paths even though the user just ran an update; (4) Revised code to support "My Document" paths to better support auto-injection of departing AI at monitored airport (to maintain departure rates if user remains at airport for long periods of time); (5) Extended "Force Landing Runway" to support 3 runways; and (6) Removed ability to keep the "Force Landing Runway" option to remain active across different AIMonitor sessions (to reduce the chance of accidentally keeping option enabled when switching airports). 

HOT FIX 1:  Repetitive repetitive "VARIABLE WINDS or TIMEOUT waiting for wind direction data" message in AIController.  Fixed repetitive "Scenery Change Detected" when AIMonitor started for first time. 

FIXED: Jet, prop, and VFR ONLY STARs/SIDs not recognized.  This has been fixed, but jet, prop and VFR only patterns are now specified by "pattern type" instead of "pattern name" to maintain consistency with final approach pattern types.  Any custom user files that user the "pattern name" to specificy jet-only, prop-only, or VFR-only files will have to be modified so that "pattern type" is used instead (this should be an easy modification, see the readme.pdf for further details).   

FIXED: Duplicate line added to AIControllerPath.txt file.

FIXED: Excessive error messages when attempting scenery scan, such as when program paths incorrect.  AIController will now limit the error messages to five when an unsuccessful scenery scan occurs.

FIXED: Sometime AI didn't park at gate at correct heading.  This has been fixed.

FIXED:  Generic left and right base pattern names reversed.  This has been fixed.

FIXED:  Pattern entry points (enhanced generic left-right patterns) sometimes not the closest to AI's present position.

FIXED:  Some approach files converted from nav data contained missed approach data causing AI to perform missed approach procedure (go-around) when landing.  This has been fixed.

FIXED:  Addon/scenery folder not being scanned when active in FSX/P3D (this is where use-generated ADE files typically reside!).

FIXED:  AI's landing runway displayed more consistently on AIMonitor.

FIXED:  Departing AI not being auto-injected at some airports.

FIXED:  Locale issue continuing to cause errors when comma-deliminated error.  For those users who switched affected by this error, please give this fix a try.

FIXED: Quicker assignment of wind-based runway selection, less incorrect STARs that have to be re-assigned later.

Important Revision:  A registered version (4.9x or later) of Peter Dowson's FSUIPC utility is recommended to use the full functionality of AIController.  For example, AIController will not be able to delete problematic AI targeted for removal (e.g., parked at gate after arrival for the specificed parking time).  For networked configuration users, Peter's WideFS (ver. 6.9) is also recommended.

Various other fixes/revisions were also made.

Important New NOTAMS!

ENTERING FINAL APPROACH COORDINATES.  Do not use FSX when entering final approach coordinates for runway positions (e.g., touchdown, rollout) as the FSX in-game coordinate display (shift-Z) lacks the necessary precision (significant digits).  Use the freeware Airport Design Editor X (or similar) instead.

ENTERING RUNWAY DATA.   Ensure the runway number corresponds to the FSX runway description (for whatever airport scenery you are using).  Often, the latest FMS data will reference changed runway numbers that do not correspond to stock FSX runway descriptions.  For STAR files, if the runways do not match (STAR versus FSX), AIController will choose the STAR based on the waypoint having the closest entry point to the AI’s current position (i.e., not based on runway data), which often is satisfactory, but not always.  For Final Approach files, if the runways do not match, AIController might choose the final approach file having the incorrect runway data.

Please see the Original Thread Post for Additional Details Regarding Ver. 1.4 Including Installation Video.

Thanks!

-Roland

Hi Roland,

Your program has come a long way!!  I haven't been able to test as much lately, but things have slowed at work, so I'll have more time to dig into this!!

FYI, I think the jetroutes got broken in the last build (hotfix 4).  They don't seem to be assigned anymore.

In the last build (HF3), I noticed that the flight levels are still not being assigned properly according to direction of flight some of the time.  Most seem ok, but I still get the occasional traffic coming at me from the opposite direction.

I enjoy the SID/STAR aspect of the program, but you have lots of help with that part!!  I spend 95% of my time flying, so I notice the jetroutes a lot more and, in my case, it's one of the thing I enjoy most with this program...but it doesn't get much testing, so bear with me while I provide feedback on this part of the program!! :)

I was wondering instead of using "generic" speeds at alititude, would you be able to scan the aircraft.cfg files for the CRUISE_SPEED= and use those? 

And for wind component, would you be able to scan the weather in FSX using simconnect or FSUIPC (instead of setting it in cfg file) to set the Groundspeed of the AI in jetroutes so they fly at more realistic speeds with wind component added? 

So ulitmately we could have, as an example:

Airbus A320 cruise speed 475ktas (from aircraft.cfg)  westbound at FL400 (directional cruise level) winds at 270/50, ground speed set at 475-50=425kts?

Thanks for the great program Roland!!  It's amazing what you've accomplished!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hi Roland,

And for wind component, would you be able to scan the weather in FSX using simconnect or FSUIPC

Excellent idea here.... maybe you could also implement the reading of ASN's weather data....?

kind regards

Richi

Hello

A few weeks ago I was having all sorts of problems getting the latest version to work. At the time I decided not to pursue resolution of the matter as I planned to move from XP to Win 7 64bit in the ensuing weeks.

This system has now been established but I continue to have problems.

I have installed AiController of a LAN system and all necessary folders are accessible over the network.

The main FSX PC has Simconnect.dll and FSUIPC are correctly installed as is Wide FS on the network machine.

I have setup the paths for FSX and the Program data folder for FSX.

When I run AiMonitor it checks the scenery files - overlooking Timezone and some Vector/Mesh folders and populates the relevant text file.

When I try to run AiController from within AiMonitor it tells me they should both be in the same folder - which they are and a Side-by-Side error is generated. That';s the end of the road.

I have the application running on the FSX machine and it appears to run Ok - haven't checked functionality with FSX loaded but I expect it will be OK.

Oh Yes, I have searched the Net and reinstalled Dot Net and the C++ files.

Not sure which way to turn now.

I have installed AiController of a LAN system and all necessary folders are accessible over the network.

The main FSX PC has Simconnect.dll and FSUIPC are correctly installed as is Wide FS on the network machine.

Andy, did you install SimConnect on your network machine?

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I did have it loaded v61355 from FSX Deluxe MSI.

I copied the Simconnect.dll into the AiController folder and it appears to work.

I will load FSX and have a bit of a play. I note however that Taxi_Graph.txt wasn't created so I copied the file from my FSX machine install and it loads when AIController runs.

OK - making progress.

I have the v61637 of Simconnect.dll on the networked machine and have been able to start AiController.

I have fixed a couple of problems with the decompile process and now have a taxi_graph.txt file created and have created a routes file.

I have WideFS loaded and operational.

I have just run AiController from within AiMonitor and the program appears to run correctly BUT  it is now stuck in a loop every 10 seconds trying to connect but failing.

Any suggestions?

Hi Andy,

You might not have the right version of SimConnect...I don't know what version you have there.  What are you running (P3D, FSX)?

I'm on FSX-SE and I have 4 versions of SimConnect:

60905 (FSX RTM)

61242 (FSX SP1)

61259 (FSX Accel/Gold)

62608 (FSX-SE)

To find out which versions of SimConnect you have to search your C:\ drive for SimConnect and you should have lines like "x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_1ed9da73c880e429_10.0.62608.0_none_6994c60660d9a3f3".  What is important is the bolded numbers...the rest is system dependent.

AIController most likely runs on 61259.  Because of this, the minimum of SimConnect 61259 has to be installed on every computer in your SimConnect network, but I suggest you do all of them so keep backward compatibility on some older programs that use older SimConnect versions.

If you have FSX on disk, the SimConnect modules are in the FSX SDK that will have to be installed.  You can find out to do that here:  http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29 depending on your version.

Once the SDK is installed, run the Simconnect.msi files inside the SDK on both your FSX machine and client machine to install those versions of SimConnect.  There should be three if you have FSX Accel ot FSX Gold..

If you have P3D or FSX-SE, there should be a SDK folder in your P3D or FSX file folder.  Inside, you should find the SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\*.* which should have all the legacy SimConnect files.  Run all of those on your client to install SimConnect.  Do it on your FSX computer too if they're not installed.

Once that is done, you should have several SimConnect Folders when you search SimConnect under c:\

This is what I have using FSX-SE...there will be 3 if you use FSX boxed:

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_1ed9da73c880e429_10.0.62608.0_none_6994c60660d9a3f3

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568

In your FSX Application folder (where your fsx.cfg and xml files are) you should have a SimConnect.xml similar to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
  <Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr>
  <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>

<SimConnect.Comm>
    <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
    <Scope>global</Scope>
    <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
    <Address>192.168.1.80</Address>
    <MaxRecvSize>8192</MaxRecvSize>
    <Port>500</Port>
  </SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>
<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>
<Scope>local</Scope>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

Make sure you substitute your own IP address (I set mine so they never change)

On your client(s), in your Documents Folder, you must have your SimConnect.cfg flie:

[simConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=192.168.1.80
Port=500
MaxReceiveSize=8192
DisableNagle=0

Again,substitute your own IP address.

Once that is done, all versions of Simconnect on your systems should talk to each other.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png