Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Clipper Ocean Spray, has some method to enter great quantity of directories on SID and STAR section without enter one to one? I have "all earth" countries and if I intent add them to a directory with all of them and put in the SID and STAR directory section, AIController "frezze", not read the scenery or similar, the bar don't show progress any progress (I wait ten minutes). I intent make them manually and add SID and STAR parameters copy of the IAConv to the AIController ini file but the program deplete all changer when I start the program and revert the the previous INI file configuration. any help about them?

I have a similar problem.

Im using 1.4b with hf6 and whenever I try to update the approaches and taxi data, ai monitor (item 2 from the options menu) gets stuck to 100% cpu and does nothing for hours. Ive tried with lots of airports and with just a few. Same result. Ai monitor sometimes starts reading some bgl but then stops, or sometimes doesnt read anything at all. All paths are created fine for P3D. Taxi_graph never gets created.

Do you have any idea of what could cause this Roland?

Im using P3D v2.4, win 7 64 bits, and I have the correct vcredist installed and well as .net 4, 0.

Thanks!

humley, on 21 Apr 2015 - 4:35 PM, said:

The UAE flight was assigned to Gate 55 and taxied to it stopping over the top of the 'sleeping' AI. One of the AI disappeared (not sure which as I was taxiing to the active and observing airport activity on EFB. While I was still taxiing the SIA AI arrived and was assigned Gate 55 by AiController. I didn't see the outcome as I had taken off.

Ok, so it is possible an AI was injected to the gate (in sleeping mode) and the arriving AI already parked there was delete?

chumley, on 21 Apr 2015 - 4:35 PM, said:

What I am interested in is if all gates identified for SIA are taken should AiController direct any SIA AI to a vacant but compatible gate?

Yes, it should do that.

In relation to the first issue - the AI was already there at Gate 55 from the start of my FSX session and the arriving AI were both directed to Gate 55 after landing.

In the second issue - it didn't use the vacant Gates when it should have.

In reality airliners switch on nav lights on the terminal some minutes before departure during pre departure preparation. Then the red beacon lights shortly before engine start, then the taxi lights, then the strobe lights when entering the take-off RWY together with the landing lights. Well, don't know how far you can go ;) Just a thought!

Yes, when I add support for departure taxi I'll re-visit light operations (as well as more realistic push-back and faster runway-entry-takeoff rates)!

Im using 1.4b with hf6 and whenever I try to update the approaches and taxi data, ai monitor (item 2 from the options menu) gets stuck to 100% cpu and does nothing for hours. Ive tried with lots of airports and with just a few.

Do all the folders pointed to by the STAR and SID statements contain the STAR/SID files (as opposed to the files being present in sub-folders)?  Extract the AIControllerList.txt file the .zip download and replace your existing file (after saving to another name if you want).  Load up AIMonitor, go into "Config Paths" (item 1) and select "Auto-scan for paths" then "Apply All Changes", then perform a "Force Update" (item 2).  Does the decompile process complete?

In relation to the first issue - the AI was already there at Gate 55 from the start of my FSX session and the arriving AI were both directed to Gate 55 after landing.

I'll keep trying to trap the error on my development platform...I'm having problems replicating it.  If anyone else is having this issue, please post or email me.  Please let me know whether the airport is stock or add-on.  I think the second issue is probably related to the first.

Clipper Ocean Spray, has some method to enter great quantity of directories on SID and STAR section without  enter one to one? I have "all earth" countries and if I intent add them to a directory with all of them and put in the SID and STAR directory section, AIController "frezze", not read the scenery or similar, the bar don't show progress any progress (I wait ten minutes). I intent make them manually and add SID and STAR parameters copy of the IAConv to the AIController ini file but the program deplete all changer when I start the program and revert the the previous INI file configuration. any help about them?

Yes, add them directly to the AIControllerList.txt file, then add the "X" for selected (X,STAR=...) or "O" for (O,STAR=...) for deselected.  I'm going to revise the code so that if you bulk paste paths that contain no "X" or "O" designators (just straight STAR= or SID= statements) from, for example, the path statements provided in the SIDSTARConverter utility, they will be treated as "selected."  That way you can bulk paste without having to edit anything else.  

Update...just trapped this bug...fix on the way.

Yes, when I add support for departure taxi I'll re-visit light operations (as well as more realistic push-back and faster runway-entry-takeoff rates)!

You are awesome :)

I have 1 idea/suggestion, maybe you have already included it the Ai Controller. I'm not sure cause I've only found out about this amazing program today n i'm super excited to get it up n runway. Anyway let me get to it. 

It would be cool if heavies were only allowed to taxi on particular taxi ways. Say TNCM Princess Juliana for example where the heavies would have to taxi to Taxi way C and backtrack to 10 for takeoff. Just an idea.

chumley, on 22 Apr 2015 - 7:51 PM, said:

I'll keep trying to trap the error on my development platform...I'm having problems replicating it.  If anyone else is having this issue, please post or email me.  Please let me know whether the airport is stock or add-on.  I think the second issue is probably related to the first.

In my case the airport is an add-on - ypph_rs_fsx.zip

Ronald,

There is an issue I just noticed at TNCM Princess Juliana, the aircraft on final always seem to turn left n fly over anguilla and return back on path to final. Fill over the runway circle very awkwardly then just freeze in the air above the airport.

Kind Regards,

Quincio 

In the past i noticed, the STAR files are nor usable without editation for TNCM. In reality, the STAR is just a way to come close to th Airport BEFORE the ATC commands Vectors to the Runway. The ATC is not present because AIC takes control over the AI Aircraft.

In short terms, very often you have to optimize the automaticlly generated STAR files to enable AIC to follow a "realistic" path down to the ground.

Without that, the AI-Aicrafts are following strange Routes to the Approaches, and also they proceeding missed Approaches without a reason.

The STAR and the Approach files may work, but a lot of them are made for real life procedueres with real life human Air Taffic Controllers which are able to make case sensitive descissions that are not easy to simulate by a computer generatetd "logic".

If you are able, read the approach file and optimize the waypoints until they work as expected. Because, in this case, YOU are the ATC...

Do all the folders pointed to by the STAR and SID statements contain the STAR/SID files (as opposed to the files being present in sub-folders)? Extract the AIControllerList.txt file the .zip download and replace your existing file (after saving to another name if you want). Load up AIMonitor, go into "Config Paths" (item 1) and select "Auto-scan for paths" then "Apply All Changes", then perform a "Force Update" (item 2). Does the decompile process complete?

Hi again Roland. Thanks for your reply.

Indeed the folders I generated with SIDSTAR converter contain the txt files themselves, as oposed to being in subfolders per airport.

I've done what you requested, and got the Aicontrollerlist.txt from the ZIP file so it would only go through the airport folders that you ship with the ZIP.

I've done the config paths, and the Force update.

I am quite sure that AImonitor is reading the scenery.cfg properly because I added an error on purpose to it (a non existing scenery folder) and AImonitor complained about it!

But the result was the same...

The AI_cfg_data.txt file is created correctly (and the progress bar ends ok along with the window popping up saying it's finished), but when it gets to the Scenery Decompile, it just goes to 100% CPU, no files being accessed in the disk (checked it via PerfMon), and no Taxi_graph.txt is ever created.

Aimonitor.exe just has 6 threads open (sometimes 9) and stays there doing nothing at 100% usage.

Also, I've tried this with Version 1.3, and the result was the same....

Just so you know, the AicontrollerPath.txt file does not contain all my scenery declarations in the spath statements.

It stops with SPath=C:\P3D\Scenery\1107, but there are a lot more of the default P3D scenery files that do not get listed there.

My full Scenery.cfg contains 198 entries, but only 97 are listed.

All add-on sceneries are there, it's just the default ones that are missing.

Also, for the generation of the SID STARS txt files, I'vw used PMDG data from the 1406 cycle.

Anything you want me to send you?

Thanks for you support!!!

I have a suggestion, to help fix poor default atc single runway behavior. Is there anything you can do to help fix the default atc unable to manage ground taxing at airports with one runway and one taxiway entry point? Landing ai exit the runway and come face to face with atc trying to depart that are holding in position. Can something be done to manage ground traffic and approaching aircraft, not just once they are on the ground? Like for example having the ai wanting to depart held at the gate, or a taxiway farther back so the arriving airplane can land and taxi with a clear taxiway

In the past i noticed, the STAR files are nor usable without editation for TNCM. In reality, the STAR is just a way to come close to th Airport BEFORE the ATC commands Vectors to the Runway. The ATC is not present because AIC takes control over the AI Aircraft.

In short terms, very often you have to optimize the automaticlly generated STAR files to enable AIC to follow a "realistic" path down to the ground.

Without that, the AI-Aicrafts are following strange Routes to the Approaches, and also they proceeding missed Approaches without a reason.

The STAR and the Approach files may work, but a lot of them are made for real life procedueres with real life human Air Taffic Controllers which are able to make case sensitive descissions that are not easy to simulate by a computer generatetd "logic".

If you are able, read the approach file and optimize the waypoints until they work as expected. Because, in this case, YOU are the ATC...

Thank you for your advice.

I really tried to find a fix, but I have given up. I'm lost lol.

There is an issue I just noticed at TNCM Princess Juliana, the aircraft on final always seem to turn left n fly over anguilla and return back on path to final. Fill over the runway circle very awkwardly then just freeze in the air above the airport.

The freezing in the air part sounds like there wasn't any taxi data for the airport.  Are you sure it decompiled the airport (search in taxigraph.txt for an "A,TNCM" entry).  If that's ok, what STAR, approach, runway?  Airport stock or addon?

I am quite sure that AImonitor is reading the scenery.cfg properly because I added an error on purpose to it (a non existing scenery folder) and AImonitor complained about it!

But the result was the same...

That's interesting...it seems to be finding the files.  I wonder if the program doesn't have write permission.  Is the program installed in a program folder?  Have you tried running as admin?  The next hotfix I'm about to release checks for the case where zero scenery files are found (due to error) although based on your description it seems the scenery files are being read.

ust so you know, the AicontrollerPath.txt file does not contain all my scenery declarations in the spath statements.
It stops with SPath=C:\P3D\Scenery\1107, but there are a lot more of the default P3D scenery files that do not get listed there.
My full Scenery.cfg contains 198 entries, but only 97 are listed.
All add-on sceneries are there, it's just the default ones that are missing.

That's normal, the SPath statements are a snapshot of that section of the scenery.cfg (end of the default scenery entries transitioning into the addon stuff).  The important part is all of the active addon scenery entries should be in the SPath statements.

By the way, may it be that you don´t read the runway pattern (anymore)?

I currently watch EDDF Frankfurt and notice, i receive lots of Enhanced Autogen Approaches for the 07C (for sure it will happen for the 25C as well)

The Center Runway is closed for landings in both directions (EDDF v8 Freewa re, optimized by myself), There´s also no STAR or Approach for the Center Runway for the same reason.

So, AIC must not assign the Center Runway for landing aircrafts.

Because the Center is only for departures, this leads to 100% Go Arrounds due to the frequency of departing aircrafts.

And further, why is AIC not using Direct In Approaches ?

All the Approach files are ending exactly infront of the ILS, why the AI getting assigned a left or right base Approach? Mr. Spock would say "it is not logical"!

Hi Roland,

just found another little thing..... but its not the first time it occures, but I just now took some screenshots..

AIController sometimes stops flying the planes and they just park at strange altitudes in the middle of the air....

see screen shots....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwD0Mexs_kFCWFZaZzFwVFUyZXM/viewusp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwD0Mexs_kFCUHp3YkE5eFBUNjQ/view?usp=sharing

regards