Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

How do you get all SIDS/STARS added.  I tried pointing to the external navdata file but the program didn't seem to like it (might be networked permissions issue).  Is that all there is to it?

This video (from an older version of 1.4, but still mostly relevant) might explain things better and more concisely than I can write; starting about 10:00 to 13:30:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1e70BCcx-w&feature=youtu.be

At touch-down the the AI-aicrafts let abruptly drop down the nose-gear; maybe You can get a little enhance the beauty of the landings..

Yes, others have mentioned this too.  It isn't intentional, but a by-product of some steps I go through to create tire smoke on touchdown.  I'll keep looking into, there's probably a way to do both.  

I've mentioned this before but is there any chance of having AiMonitor show the Gate at which an aircraft is standing?

Also, currently the AiMonitor screen allows ground aircraft to be turned on or off. This is useful particularly at larger airports but I think it would be better if the aircraft removed from the display are those that are designated as 'sleeping' rather than everything on the ground. 

Yes, others have mentioned this too.  It isn't intentional, but a by-product of some steps I go through to create tire smoke on touchdown.  I'll keep looking into, there's probably a way to do both.  

I would like to second that request. It is one of the big downers for me to see AI aircraft slam their nose gear onto the runway.

Other than that keeping AI aircraft's animated front gear would be nice as well.

I've mentioned this before but is there any chance of having AiMonitor show the Gate at which an aircraft is standing?

Would it be possible for AIMonitor to show a column with the aircraft type? That would facilitate a lot identifying aicraft on the ground and on final. I reckon that should be easy to implement...

Cheers

Nizar 

Another thing, most flight are being stuck at the airport as there will be no following departures assigned. In the Traffic Explorer, those planes appears with questionsmarks ? ? ? ? ?. I already have sent you a screenshot, Roland.

I'm sorry Roland, it looks like to be fixed. Thank you very much.

HF11 looks very nice so far and really smooth.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

After checking with TrafficExplorer, I see that arriving traffic remains in "enroute" mode after parking at the gate. I already wondered why the jetbridges don't attached ...

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

Copy that, no serious problems so far.

What i still notice are some issues with balancing between 2 (or more?) Runways and assigning a suitable Runway, depending of the Location .

What i mean is, again the Example EDDF, the  Runway heading is 07/25.

So you can easy seperate between traffic north of the Airport and south of the Airport.

In my opinion it happens far to often that traffic from north is assigned to the South Approaches and south Runway and vice versa. Actually it starts with the STAR´s which are in my opinion not the most suitables. This often look very messy when traffic crossing the Airport all the time and flying detours.

Though i set the value for the maximum Traffic for Approaching at a certain Runway to "2" i notices, that soon after start i had 5 AI in the queue for RWY 25L, what of course ended up in GA´s.

The same happens with opposite wind, 90% of the Traffic was queued for 07L.

So to me it seemed, the "left" Runway was prefered despite the setting for balancing.

Also the same for the Enhances Autogen Approaches, for a long time the left hand patterns were dominating the AI Monitor, only few AI have been assigned to the "R" Runways.

BTW. a few times i received a messege that AIC didn´t found a perfect matching Runway. 

Might it be that AIC has problems when the designator is sometimes named "7L" and sometimes "07L" for example?

Just a question regarding AIC + UT2 at airways :

I'm using UT2, but I would like to have controlled the AI-traffic also at airways by AIC and not by UT2, as UT2 doesn't show AI-traffic above water. And if I understood it right, there is also some other benefit, like right FL for east-west rules.

Do I have to leave the settings as default (UT2Compatibility = 0 and AIMaxSpawnDistanceFromSTAR = 200) therefore ?

And do I have to disengage the UT2-control for AI-traffic at airways somehow ?

Wouldn´t it be easy simply to try it out?
Make your Setup and do a flight from UK westbound. When you see traffic, the answer is "yes", if not, "no"

I just converted all of the SIDS/STARS in my PMDG NavData folder and ended up with a 350 GB file split by country.  I guess I now have to add each country to the list but I wonder if there really is a real need to do this.  What happens if you just completely ignore SIDS/STARS - How do the default aircraft arrive ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thank you Roland for this update,

Particularly the east west RVSM levels are working well although because under FSX control (UT2) the AI are usually at some dodgy flight level there is a bit of duck n diving taking place as they approach the uses aircraft. (we'll have to live with that unless I modify all the UT2 flight plans)

All my AI traffic are landing sweetly and its a joy to watch them kiss the ground with a slight puff of smoke (especially the 747) and take the high speed taxiway.

thank you

ice 

I just converted all of the SIDS/STARS in my PMDG NavData folder and ended up with a 350 GB file split by country.  I guess I now have to add each country to the list but I wonder if there really is a real need to do this.  What happens if you just completely ignore SIDS/STARS - How do the default aircraft arrive ?

I you used the SIDSTAR Converter, at the end of the conversion, you get all the lines that you should copy paste to the ini file.

Do I have to leave the settings as default (UT2Compatibility = 0 and AIMaxSpawnDistanceFromSTAR = 200) therefore ?

And do I have to disengage the UT2-control for AI-traffic at airways somehow ?

Yes, in enhanced mode just leave UT2Compability =  0 and that should take care of it.

I did not seen anything, I just got the files copied to the output file location.

The alternative "path strings" are shown at 11:49 of this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1e70BCcx-w&feature=youtu.be

If you're only using AIC, you can bulk past them into AIController.ini.

However, if you're using AIM, bulk paste them into  the AIControllerList.txt file instead (that's what AIM reads).  You don't need to modify them, they'll automatically be read by AIM as "selected" paths.

Particularly the east west RVSM levels are working well although because under FSX control (UT2) the AI are usually at some dodgy flight level there is a bit of duck n diving taking place as they approach the uses aircraft. (we'll have to live with that unless I modify all the UT2 flight plans)

Thanks for the update, it could also be the enroute collision avoidance, which will command the AI to climb or descend to avoid a collision with the user's aircraft.

It is hard to say.  I know some users like the comprehensive SID/STAR/approaches.  I would add that it is a good idea to concentrate on frequently visited airports to make sure the converted procedures are working well and perhaps delete excess procedures that are rarely used (this will also funnel AI into the STAR/SIDs that remain creating more coherent patterns).

If you ignore SID/STARs, you can still add just the ICAO to the "Generic Approaches and Finals" list, then the AI will arrive using the procedure illustrated on the Settings\Options\Enhanced Mode screen.  You can adjust parameters like final approach distance, height, turn angle, base distance, etc.

350 GB file split by country.  

I'm assuming you mean 350mb - right?