Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Biggest single VAS killers inside P3D (list)

Hi,

Does anyone know the priority to start lowering settings ?

1. Autogen Slider

2. TML=1024 (just a guess)

3. XX etc etc

Would be nice to have a list

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Would be an interesting list to have, if only to make recommendations to folks who struggle with OOMs.

Would be quite easy to compile too, just a little time intensive (too time intensive for me sadly).

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Add the fsuipc offset thing so you can see the VAS remaining in your title bar. Then it gets easier to figure out which addons are bad.

LOD is the big one

When flying from A to B turn off any addon airports that you do not need.

TML helps a lot when set to 1024 if you have hi res airports that are 4096

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

autogen and clouds kill it for me.

My graphics card struggles when the weather is overcast, and I get stuttering. If I look at the load when the stutters occur, it is when the load of my graphics card goes well and truly beyond the 100%.

Hi,

So far then

0. LOD  (?)

1. Autogen Slider

2. TML=reduce from 2048- to 1024 (just a guess)

3. Clouds distance/covering ?

4. Traffic density 100%-0%?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

autogen and clouds kill it for me.

My graphics card struggles when the weather is overcast, and I get stuttering. If I look at the load when the stutters occur, it is when the load of my graphics card goes well and truly beyond the 100%.

Sorry but i am not sure its related to VAS only. Might be just a slow card . No offense :-) What i want with the list is to see which part of P3D eats most memory

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Here's a little comparision I've done in P3D 2.4 (PMDG 737 NGX, AS Heathrow Extended, FTX Global, ASN)

LOD 4.5                 3.18
LOD 2.5                 3.04             Difference ~140 MB VAS

High res cockpit    2.97    
Low res                 2.77             Difference ~200 (!) MB VAS

Scen. complexity sparse    3.11
Scen. complexity normal    3.18       Difference ~ 70 MB VAS    

Road traffic     30    2.71        
Road traffic     0      2.66                  Difference ~50 MB VAS

Summarized: Turn down LOD and TML, use 512/1024 clouds. Building density sparse and (as a compensation) vegetation density max is also helpful.

Use low res cockpit textures if possible. (Would be very helpful for the 777, PMDG :rolleyes:)

Lowering scenery complexity might also help, especially on huge airports, but lowering it below normal can induce scenery problems.

Regards, Sebastian

I am yet to turn down Autogen slider below Extremely dense.

TML - 1024 and LOD will help a lot in VAS if you have AI traffic down to 10-15% .. 

Is there any tool like SceneryConfig Editor in FSX for P3D... That would be very handy to turn off any addon airports

@suvo Scenery Config Editor is working in P3D, using it every day.

Regards, Sebastian

I am yet to turn down Autogen slider below Extremely dense.

TML - 1024 and LOD will help a lot in VAS if you have AI traffic down to 10-15% .. 

Is there any tool like SceneryConfig Editor in FSX for P3D... That would be very handy to turn off any addon airports

Scenery Config Editor works for P3Dv2 too

*edit - beaten to it lol ^^^^^^^^^

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

@suvo Scenery Config Editor is working in P3D, using it every day.

So, instead of FSX.exe path, you are pointing it to the P3D path?

Yeah, it's that easy (C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\scenery.cfg)

Regards, Sebastian

I will just share my system...P3D 2.5 and PMDG 777

With TML 1024 (from 2048), LOD High (4.5), 4x MSAA, Normal Autogen, Extremely Dense Scenery Complexity, and 20% AI UT2, my results:

KSFO (vanilla) to VHHH (T2G) = Long flight and no OOM and more than 700 mb free VAS.

KDEN to KIAD (both Flightbeam) = no OOM

KDEN just parked (more than 1 GB free VAS)

Waiting for FTX Global and ASN, but I don´t think it will have a huge impact. 

I would say that for me TML for 1024 and LOD 4.5 did a HUGE difference with the 777 PMDG. And the best part is... smooth! Loving the 777!

I would say that for me TML for 1024 and LOD 4.5 did a HUGE difference with the 777 PMDG. And the best part is... smooth! Loving the 777!

Thanks , 

So far part of Top 3 sliders to adjust . Also love the PMDG777. 

What about loading specific saved graphic options? I think i saw in version 2.4 that you would have to quit P3D and start again.

Hopefully we can just save profiles and load via the P3Dmenu without having to restart.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Nobody mentioned photoreal scenery?  I'm not convinced that TML is a major factor yet, I've only had a few hours with P3D2.5 and PMDG77X but I did make it KATL:to FSDT KLAX with 4096 TML and plenty of VAS remaining.  LOD is a major factor.

Dan Downs KCRP