Sign in to follow this  
Luky1108

Problem with Localizer

Hey guys,

I tried to do an auto landing with the PMDG 777. But I can't arm the localizer or the approach button. 

Thanks

It happens not rarely, at least to me.

I fly the STAR fine, if that's the case I also fly the proper TRANS, I arrive well aligned with the runway well before the glide slope and I check the ILS freq 2-3 times to be sure, also into the PFD. Of course the altitude is the correct one of the G/S interception, even if the G/S is a vertical slope.

No way, sometimes the LOC is not captured, dunno why, even if the button is ON. It happens too frequently and with different airports to be a procedure error or a coincidence. I see the magenta diamond moving on the X axis but the LOC sometimes it fails, the button turn on but the localizer is not captured, no fails are set into the FMC of course.

Maybe the nav radio batteries are ending their life, this is what I think usually.

Of course now many forumers will state that they had a success ratio of 100% in the last 5 years of flying but this is not my case too.

Yeah thanks. But everytime I'm ready for the landing, the localizer or the approach Button don't habe the Green light...

If there an ILS selected for the field in question? Are you within its reception range?

You cannot autoland at every field. There is not an ILS at every field to every runway.

"Luky" - full names are required in this forum.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm having problems since I use prepar3d 2.5. I see no ILS or Localizer on the screens. It happens at a lot of airports.

It happens at a lot of airports.

With actual, verified, ILS at those airports?

Even JYO ships without ILS and it's had ILS for several years now. FSX didn't have it. I haven't checked yet in ESP though.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm having problems since I use prepar3d 2.5. I see no ILS or Localizer on the screens. It happens at a lot of airports.

This is the key.  " lot of airports " 

I have the same issue.

If it was on ALL airports the cause could be a procedure error, an ILS malfunction, a pilot error, a FMC error etc.. and a fresh reinstall could fix the issue.

The fact that some forumers here are reporting the same error in several airports ( both freeware and payware ) let me think that :

1) we are all suffering of intermittent dyslexia just before landing

2) we have a dumbed version of the 777

3) under certain specific ( not rare ) circumstances there is a bug occurring

4) we are all sharing the same hallucination

I vote for number 3, with the NGX I do not recall similar events. Number 4 is my second option.

This is the key.  " lot of airports " 

I have the same issue.

If it was on ALL airports the cause could be a procedure error, an ILS malfunction, a pilot error, a FMC error etc.. and a fresh reinstall could fix the issue.

The fact that some forumers here are reporting the same error in several airports let me think that :

1) we are all suffering of intermittent dyslexia

2) we have a dumbed version of the 777

3) under certain specific ( not rare ) circumstances there is bug occurring

4) we are all sharing the same nightmare

I vote for number 3

FSX nav data is over 10 years old. Is your copy of P3D suffering from the same?

Can anyone actually give me something that I can track something down with? Otherwise, this back and forth is particularly worthless. An airport, nav data cycle, and whether you're using add-on scenery would be particularly helpful. There are over 24,000 airports in FSX...

Kyle Rodgers

I use FSX not P3D. This drops the attention from me, but I experience that issue as well, maybe it has some common lines with P3D.

Cycle 1502, LOWW, LSZH, EFHK, Fly Tampa and Aerosoft.

BTW, do you know why Route Finder still misses cycle 1502 and it is still stuck at 1501 ?

Thanks