Sign in to follow this  
gfd

Another HDR Question

I know this has been beaten to death and I apologize for bringing it up again. I am not all that HDR savvy.

Was sitting at an airport this morning as the sun came up in Orbx Bob. I looked straight into the sun and everything got milky (straightON screenshot). I then turned about 20 degrees to the left (20degrees screenshot) and it darkened abruptly and returned to its original shade. I then turned off HDR and looked straight at the sun again (hdrOFF screenshot) and it was dark as one would expect. Just wondering what I might adjust to improve the view. Here's a link to the screenshots.

http://1drv.ms/1AF5sNP

Thanks in advance for your help.

I think with the darkening and going back to its original shade, the HDR is trying to mimick real life. When looking at the sun or bright object, your pupils constrict to limit light, and also you see almost a washed out effect. Then when you look away, for a few seconds your vision is a bit darker and as your pupils dilate it gets brighter

Thanks Adam. Funny thing is, in real life, if I look into the sun, everything else tends to look a bit dark.