Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

KAMA - Rick Husband International Released

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=188828

Hey scenery devs and pilots.  I just released my first airport for FSX/P3D.   It is Rick Husband International in Amarillo, Texas.

I would love some feedback and frame rate reports from others.   I was getting 50 FPS in a moderately detailed Mooney with G1000 GPS support.   I was around 30 in the big tube liners.

I learned a lot while making this photoreal airport and I am eager to tackle my next one which is going to be much more of a challenge but I want to make sure I am on the right track.   Any feedback will be appreciated and helpful.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Just a pity you distroyed the LDA for runway22

Your only post ever in 5 years goes to me!~  I feel honored.   Please explain what you mean?   I can't fix it if I don't know it's broken.   I don't pretend to know all the airport/pilot jargon either so please tell me what LDA is.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hey Brian,

I agree that was an unfortunately cryptic comment from manad.  I haven't had the opportunity to try your airport yet, but I can hopefully shed some light on the approach.  An LDA is a localizer approach where the localizer is offset from the runway alignment - usually due to some sort of obstacle in the direct path.  In this case, the approach path to 22 is actually at 214, so it's a very minor offset.  See: http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1503/00019LDAD22.PDF .  I'm wondering if you either didn't include the approach or didn't provide the minor offset.

Either way, hope that helps, and I look forward to taking a look at your effort soon.

Scott

Edit: just realized this is one of the rare LDA's which includes glideslope, so there's another potential issue.

Hi Brian,

I was refering to the ILS 22 that you orphaned. It is now showing with rwy 36W at the northern edge of the 5000m circle. You probably thought it was a misaligned ILS, but it is the correct LDA 22.

Scott explained the LDA quite nicely.

Otherwise your airport is a sterling effort and much appreciated.

I live in Austin, so any Texas airport is a great addition. I want to say upfront before i enjoy all of your hard work on your airport that all of your efforts are appreciated, and any comments from me will be tempered with that knowledge. Thanks again.

Anyone know if there is a way to get rid of an orphaned ILS? There is an annoying one at EGHQ Newquay for me, and it results in me being asked to enter the pattern for Runway 18 Water instead of the main runway 12/30!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

As an aside, this is an especially interesting approach in that it's: an LDA with glideslope; DME required; radar required; and flies directly over a prohibited area which extends up to 4800' MSL.  When flying over P-47 (which appears to be some sort of DOE facility) you should be at or above 5,000 so you're going to be within about 200' of busting the prohibited airspace.

Fly this one carefully! :huh:

Scott

Anyone know if there is a way to get rid of an orphaned ILS? There is an annoying one at EGHQ Newquay for me, and it results in me being asked to enter the pattern for Runway 18 Water instead of the main runway 12/30!!

You can do it using ADE, if you enable the option to save the (intermediate) XML when compiling.

Once you have opened your airport in ADE and compiled it, you hand edit the XML to remove the offending ILS. Then, using ADE, you open the edited XML and recompile.

Alternatively, you could probably do it directly from within ADE if you have the prokey which enables you to make raw XML edits.

(Apologies for the off-topic; and congratulations with KAMA Brian!  :smile: ).

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Brian, will this work perfect in P3D?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

They named it after the commander of STS-107 Columbia? That's nice.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Great work, Brian! Very nice scenery! Thanks for sharing!

Yes it does. Just tested. As far as I understand, Brian is also using P3D exclusively. So the question is more whether it works in FSX...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

They named it after the commander of STS-107 Columbia? That's nice.

Yeah, he was born and raised in Amarillo. Hes an alumni of my old High School.

I built this with ADE1.65 in P3D mode so It is P3D 'native'.  It is FSX that I am worried it isn't working right but so far it is minus the runway.  

Thanks for the info on the runway.   I do recall ADE giving me a warnin about that ILS.   The latest charts I used from Jeppsen show no ILS approach for 22 so I mistaken yanked the entire system which I remember ADE then tell me that it had an orphaned ILS and would i like to push it under ground to hide it.   I will fix this tonight now that I under the whole LDA/DME approach thingy.   This is good because I was about to release an update anyway that corrected some issues with the photo scenery layer and added a bit more color to the land.

Oh, and FYI, I am doing a full 1:1 scale model of the new terminal and glass jetways.  :)    So that will be part of the final version.  I need all the practice I can get using these smaller airports as I am tackling a payware KDAL-Love Field.   This is SO not easy when you are doing the AFCAD/Modeling/Textures/Scripting.   This is like a full time job and I already have one!   Luckliy.. I have no wife or kids or anything else to take care of after work so I just work on repaints and airports.   It's my peaceful therapy for the day's stressed.  lol

100454.png

Brian Navy