Sign in to follow this  
max2770

I am SO glad I saw the light!

For FSDT CYVR, you will have to go to their website and download, and install, the latest version of the addon manager. Then install CYVR as usual.  

Jazz.

Now you'll have to listen to all those nay sayers who say that there is no reason to switch because THEIR FSX is just as good.

My FSX works very well indeed. :smile:

Still, I appreciate the reports from actual P3D users. It's more a question of 'when' rather than 'if' to make the change for me, especially with P3D V3 looming. 

especially with P3D V3 looming.

Looming?  Where did you get that from if I may?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Looming?  Where did you get that from if I may?

Common sense? If we are at V2.5 now, we sure are moving towards V3 in rather big steps. 

That isn't necessarily true, unless v3 means something other than 64bit.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

V3 would be a good designator for something completely new, like a 64 bit environment, no? Can't quite see them having 2.9.9.x etc. judging from the past releases. (I admit, there may be a bit of wishful thinking on my part!)

Can't quite see them having 2.9.9.x etc. judging from the past releases.

I'd be surprised if there is even a substantially improved version 2.6 before there is a new major version. There might be some hotfixes and small patches, but for the most part they will probably be directed at LM's commercial clients. P3d 2.5 is very stable and can handle most any combination of supported add-ons, assuming that your hardware is either 3 years old or younger.

LM has already stated that they are committed to getting every bit of mileage out of the 32bit platform before venturing to 64bit. This is quite a open ended statement.

They have not confirmed nor denied that there will be further point releases (2.x) prior to V 3.0.

So all one can say is that there will be a 3.0. Waiting for 3.0 before committing to P3D seems to me like wasting a LOT of quality sim time.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

So all one can say is that there will be a 3.0. Waiting for 3.0 before committing to P3D seems to me like wasting a LOT of quality sim time.
Exactly. We've got a damn good sim now, and an even better one at some future point in time - but not soon. So why wait.

Peter,

Upgrading from your i7 4790k/Nvidia GTX780/16GB RAM powered system would be pointless. You are not far off the top as it is!

Well thanks ..i think I will save the money for a future P3D 64bit...:)

This is amazing.  First flight, from FSDT YVR to FlyTampa YYZ in the PMDG 77W in P3D 2.5.  It is absolutely perfect.  FPS doesn't matter because it's smooth as glass, VAS is almost a non-issue when properly configured...  but the visuals!!

It is absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful.  The shadows in the VC, the cloud and terrain shadows, the HDR lighting, this is the experience I've been waiting for all my life.  Simply amazing.

I never had such a smooth flight, the new ASN wind effects are so close to reality, I still can't believe it.  I'm uninstalling FSX, no reason to ever go back to it.

Great post, it's a shame Flight1 is the last holdout in embracing P3D v2.  I posted on their forum the status of products being made compatible with P3D and the response is shocking.  Their tooth and nail sticking with 2007 FSX.  Products like Ultimate Traffic (which we sorely need an update to) for the time being won't see a P3D version released.  Products distributed through them are getting updates but Flight1 themselves are holding strong like Linus to the blanket to legacy FSX.  Really sad... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Easy as pie, I said like 12 month ago, that fsx is dead for me personally as soon PMDG is going P3D, I bit the sour apple and payed again for the whole PMDG777 triple seven package....was it worth it...absolutely!!!! I deinstalled all my fsx addons, FSX is just a place holder on my ssd...I love to fly in P3D V2.5.....never looking back :-)

McDan out 

I am a FSX user and will likely be for quite some time, For me it is a simple cost vs fun analysis.  Right now my PC is about at it's limits with FSX.  To really get the most out of P3D would require a new system for me which would probably be in the 1000USD ballpark, not to mention all the license fees, addons...etc.   Since I hold FAA pilot certificates, I would be 'obligated' to get pro licenses.  All that for a marginal increase in 'fun'  At least not at this time.   FSX's flaws have been reasonably patched with many fantastic addons, and it looks like developers  such as A2A, RealAir, Pmdg...etc plan on supporting FSX for quite a long time still.

I am not blind to the future, eventually FSX will phase out, even for the diehard FSX users.  It is great to know that LM and DT provide some options when that time comes.  By then some later version of P3D will be out, thus making the cost more justifiable.  I figure when A2A announces that project xx will be for P3D V.whatever only and that they are no longer supporting FSX, that would be a good time to consider getting on the P3D bus.  

If you moved to P3D and are enjoying it, more power to you, I hope you get many years of fun out of it.

Cheers

TJ

Easy as pie, I said like 12 month ago, that fsx is dead for me personally as soon PMDG is going P3D, I bit the sour apple and payed again for the whole PMDG777 triple seven package....was it worth it...absolutely!!!! I deinstalled all my fsx addons, FSX is just a place holder on my ssd...I love to fly in P3D V2.5.....never looking back :-)

McDan out 

I fully echo that. Just wiped my SSD drive of that crap. Never again going back to a dead-in-the-water sim.

Yes, using Vector in conjunction with the 777 may cause problems if sliders are not properly adjusted.  

You can dial Vector down "a little" to free up some FPS/VAS ... I uncheck Secondary and Tertiary

c132ac01e9aeca75293839b13e162458.jpg

Cheers, Rob.