Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

New (actually old) ATC plugin for X-Plane 10 64 Bit

In the old times of X-Plane 9, there existed a nice ATC plugin whose goal was to deliver a VATSIM-like experience to offline flyers.

Finally this plugin has been made available for X-Plane 10 and 64-Bit.

You can download it here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=38194&page=55#entry886544

The developer will add features in the future, as he writes here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=38194&page=57#entry894256

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

This sounds very interesting. I'm going to try it out.

Thanks for the info.

Rob

Me too, any half reasonable offline ATC has to be better than what we currently have!

Thanks for the head's up Mario.

Thanks for the head's up Mario!!

Anybody know if its possible to change voice for controllers / pilots ?

That was a great plug in back then, great news to see this updated. Sadly my TTS voice is crap :-(

Alexander Colka

can someone upload a video of how this sounds and works. i would love to see

It's pretty basic and uses the text-to-speech facility on your computer. So on my computer I had a Polish voice set, and it tried to speak in English using that and really messed up pronouncing English words in Polish. It let's you contact ATC, file a flight plan, taxi out, take off and then contact approach at your destination. It couldn't deal with the AI at a small GA airfield and they simply all sat waiting for no reason. It also just left me to it after take-off. It's basic, but worked. I hope the developer continues to improve it, as something like this is very badly needed and it's great some third-party solution has appeared (although it's been around already for a while). Put it this way, it's an improvement over the default ATC :smile:

• Upvote 1

Its very basic and doesn't use correct phraseology because it is text-to-speech and it doesn't offer VFR. BUT its at least something, its freeware and offers basic IFR-ATC bringing You from A to B.

So all thanks goes to Helicharly for the initial creation of this plugin and everybody who is now working on it for improvements! Thanks a lot, guys! It's much appreciated!

Its very basic and doesn't use correct phraseology because it is text-to-speech and it doesn't offer VFR. BUT its at least something, its freeware and offers basic IFR-ATC bringing You from A to B.

So all thanks goes to Helicharly for the initial creation of this plugin and everybody who is now working on it for improvements! Thanks a lot, guys! It's much appreciated!

The text-to-speech thing would be easy to fix. The speech engine just needs to get the a different string than the user on the screen. Just a simple conversion would be required (which, for example, transforms N4375 to "November Four three Seven Five". This string could be spoken correctly. The user would still just see the original String.

haven't any of you heard of or tried Pilot2ATC yet? Voice activated ATC for both VFR & IFR flights...works for both Xplane and FSX as far as I know.

Only works on Windows, has a very big external window, and was quite heavy on resources.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I tried Pilot2atc and I really like all the features. But I wasn't able to get an acceptable speech recognition, it was always messed up. Probably due to my own fault, having a strong accent and just a cheap headset. But if voice recognition would work fine as intended and if they add text-based /click-input like in FSX ATC as an alternative to voice recognition I think it'll be a very nice programme!

Thanks for the head's up Mario!!

Anybody know if its possible to change voice for controllers / pilots ?

Thanks for this interesting Info Mario! And Marty yes you can change the voice by selecting a specific voice pack in the "Speech properties" . However the voice pack is usually a payware. My default voice is Microsoft Anna English United states. Ivona have some voice packages for speech recognition.  But does anyone knows if its possible to use two different voices, one for the pilot and one for the controller? The text to speech allows only one selection... This is the link for the ATC guidelines in PDF    http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=69690

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

The text to speech allows only one selection... This is the link for the ATC guidelines in PDF

Thanks, I managed to change the voice in "text to speech properties", but as you say I can't

set different voice for pilot and controller. it obviously uses default settings in text to speech for all voices.

Please let me know if anybody find a workaround to this.