Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

P3D Hotfix posted

The repair is totally unnecessary and harmful.

It does not solve the problem with ASN and forces you to reinstall FTX Global with its fix for FTX Central.

so it requires a full reinstall of both P3D and most addons to get ASN and addon manager working again

even though the login at LM does not work as of this early morn, I bet ya the reinstall's  reactivation will work well (??) IF done properly

I can't get into My Account on the Prepar3D site - Error establishing a database connection (11:42 BST 21 February 2015)

I can't get into My Account on the Prepar3D site - Error establishing a database connection (11:42 BST 21 February 2015)

we already knew that

Aren't I glad I've only just found this thread.

With 2.5 seemingly working fine, I'm in no rush for a hotfix.

I updated - had to keep re-trying to log-in and download - and have no issues with my current sim environment, which is Orbx only (Global and regions) apart from some 3rd part aircraft and REX.  2.5 in general has been fine for me so far though no better than 2.4 was.

I uninstalled/reinstalled P3D to v25 without the hotfix

Reinstalling global FTX right now

EDIT

I now have it all back to the way it was before the hotfix

OK - I'm confused at this point.  Is it that the hotfix causes issues with ASN but, so far, everything else seems OK?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

OK - I'm confused at this point.  Is it that the hotfix causes issues with ASN but, so far, everything else seems OK?

I uninstalled P3DV25 (+hotfix)

then I reinstalled V25 without hotfix

Dear me

Not going even close to this hot fix, ASN and gsx work fine Atm. Am waiting.........

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Dear me

Not going even close to this hot fix, ASN and gsx work fine Atm. Am waiting.........

wise choice

V25 is fine as it was except the minor inconvenience of no on the fly scenery changes in libary

Dear me

it is true, but who expected such nonsense?

Man what a week!! This is making my eye bleed!! :help: That Hot Fix was toxic to me. On top of everything else my Yoke is dying. :t0103:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

So let me get this straight:

Lockheed Martin fixes several bugs which the community complained about and in seemingly record time. BUT, because addons like ActiveSky Next (and a few others) depend on "delicate" programming methods to do their specialized jobs, the issues with these addons have with platform updates is now trending towards being Lockheed's fault?

Mmmmkay.

There were at least a few of us who looked at the hotfix files and said "Nope, not yet."  If you rush into a Prepar3D release or hotfix too quickly, or for that matter a FSX:Steam Ed. update or an X-Plane update quickly... be prepared for problems.

Make backups of key files before updates. Use prudence when deciding to do this or that. Weigh your options - are the bugs important enough to risk the loss of some addons, or can I wait?

At least for our sake HiFi has already stated they've got the fix prepared for ASN and the v2.5 hotfix. Lucky for us, ASN is still in a beta period, so perhaps it will arrive sooner rather than later.

This too shall pass....

-Greg