Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

A Guide to, Getting the most out of the PMDG 777

I thought I would try and put all the information that can be found all in one place and make a guide for you all.

All I can hope is that it helps some people.

I've just stuck it up on my works web site to host it.

Enjoy!

http://www.limegallery.co.uk/originals/oils-and-acrylics/i-cant-forget-2/777-2/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have been a silent reader on this forum for many months - actually on and off for a few years. :lol: Thought I would finally break the silence by saying thanks a ton David for putting this useful guide together! I'm strongely considering moving over to P3D while the B77L is still on sale and those tips on graphics settings will definitely come in handy. Cheers! 

I have been a silent reader on this forum for many months - actually on and off for a few years. :lol: Thought I would finally break the silence by saying thanks a ton David for putting this useful guide together! I'm strongely considering moving over to P3D while the B77L is still on sale and those tips on graphics settings will definitely come in handy. Cheers!

You will not be dissapointed

Even if it does not help any other people Sandip you just made all the time it took worthwhile. Thank you very much. You even put your name in your sig, credit to you  :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Dave,

Excellent stuff and I am sure your suggestions will help a lot of people. While I already get solid performance, there is always more headroom to be had so I will certainly try some of your tips.

Can I also suggest to consider not using REX HD clouds and ground textures? I use 512 resolution clouds and 1024 ground textures for 2 reasons: they are not hard on performance and, to me at least, the clouds appear softer and more realistic. Again, just my opinion but something to think about.

Thank you!

I thought I would try and put all the information that can be found all in one place and make a guide for you all.

This is an excellent guide! Didn't give me a lot of new information as I run almost identical settings for quite a while now (and my PMDG 777 works like a charm) but it is very useful for those with less experience in tweaking. And from reading the forums there are a lot of people around who don't know what they are doing and just keep complaining. For them this guide is really excellent! Great work David!

Carlo Kraemer

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Todd I forgot and now have updated it with a nice tip I use with REX4. Thank you.

Update is now live.

@Carlo

Yes its not for people who are as clued up as yourself, but hope even people like yourself might get something out of it. I think the tip on getting more out of REX4 is something many people don't know or use.

Great idea and good presentation.

Thanks for helping the (777) sim community.

One very small thing: FlyTampa (not tamper)

Also if possible, the latest Nspector is 1973 I think....

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Pretty good info in general yes.

But I would prefer the guide to recommend basic FSX.cfg settings first.

Then test.

And then try tweaks such as Bufferpools and Affinity mask (I dont use any of that and have great performance).

Also, you can add a note (if you want) the just as with Orbx Vector, the same can be done with the UTX setup tools (if one uses UTX like I do) and it greatly reduces VAS use either.

What zoom level to use in the VC is a matter of taste.

I use 100% zoom on downwind/base/final because if is the only zoom level at which you can estimate distance vs height for a visual approach. Any other zoom level crops things! Dhring cruise I use 70% zoom.

Rob Robson

Even if it does not help any other people Sandip you just made all the time it took worthwhile. Thank you very much. You even put your name in your sig, credit to you  :smile:

That is really nice to know. I'm looking forward to see how some of your FSX/REX4 tweaks affect performance, even though I'm quite satisfied as is now. :) Regarding the rules requiring people to post with their full real names, I have been reading topics here for long enough to know what happens if one (intentionally or unintentionally) does not include his/her name hahaha.  ^_^

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your knowledge with the community! 

But I would prefer the guide to recommend basic FSX.cfg settings first.

Then test.

I've changed that section so people can see clearly what is Basic Rob and a very brief description what the two other advanced option do.

At that point  hopefully people can Google if they want to read in depth about them or if there running more core's or without HT. 

I also added the UTX comment in also Rob, good Idea.

What zoom level to use in the VC is a matter of taste.

Its a guide Rob, Many don't have TrackIR or EZDOC so will need a wider view. 

Great Guide, since using the pmdg 777 in p3d I have never seen my fps go over 30 even over the ocean.  However setting the displays fps to 8 has made my fps increase by about 6-10.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Great new Mike.

No more updates till next week am away from work now for a few days, Please bare in mind its a guide and that's all  :smile:

Nice guide.  I never really had problems, but I used some of these tweaks so I could use more in other areas!!  :)

I'm like you and never leave the VC, so that tip of getting rid of the exterior model is awesome!

Good work!

EDIT:  I went from 1600MB VAS at LAX with 100%AI up to 1900MB VAS with that tip!  300 more to use for something else!!  :)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png