Sign in to follow this  
-Stark-

B55 include GTN650 support?

The guy across from my Hangar has a B55 and he won't let me fly it.... no multi :)  so I thought I would find one to play in P3D.  I also have the Flight1 GTN 650 because that's what I use in real life, plus trying to turn knobs in the game is a challenge for me.  I found the plane for sale on fsshop and it says, "Version 2.14 includes fixes for the F1 GTN and Mindstar GPS, sound gauge and more".

So if I buy this will it incorporate the 650s into the panel in VC or do I then have to buy the $9.99 add-on?  I understand I can use the 650 in any plane but would prefer to not have integration issues on it.

The GTNs can be used as a 2D popup in any aircraft that shows up in the list in its standalone configurator app.

If you want a GTN to show up in the Milviz B-55 VC, then you need to buy the addon.

There are threads on the Flight 1 official message boards that explain how to install a GTN into any aircraft's VC, but the approach doesn't always work perfectly.

Okay thanks.  I use the 2D version on all types of planes but typically don't try to use autopilot or anything with it.  It was my understanding that sometimes the 2D version messes up autopilot and CDI gauges.

The $9.99 extension package is pre-configured for a GTN 750/650 combination, or a GTN 650x2 combination.

You also have the option to not buy the extension package, and simply use the "Free Radio" entries in the panel.cfg to set up any avionics combination you want. This option does require some degree of skill and patience of course. :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You know it occurred to me while playing tonight that I don't really need the 650s built into the virtual cockpit.  It becomes a bit of a minigame to try and keep my head (TrackIR) steady and click the buttons.  I'll put the 2D stack on my second monitor and use it like that.  Doing that will still allow me to use the HSI/CDI ect in the plane correct?

The advantage of having the units visible in the VC is that by clicking on the frames one can open/close the popup windows quickly and easily.

Beside which, it has more curb appeal... B)

Fr. Bill    

Okay I appreciate it.  I can imagine all the hard work that goes into each of these planes so I will drop the extra $10 anyhow. That's about what I spend taxing my plane from the hangar to the runway.

I bought the plane and with the Flight1 integration addon this evening and I'm really impressed.  The screenshots didn't do it justice.  I'm in the process of setting up the controls, downloaded a new skin (1249Z retro fun) and trying to get a popup window to bring up the AP, 650s and ADF all in one key stroke.  I have it somewhat working but the ratios are a bit off.  What am I missing?

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=640,829
window_size_ratio=1.000  
position=2
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
window_size= 0.355, 0.522
window_pos= 0.000, 0.030

gauge00=B55_XMLGauges!FBS_KAP140,  0,0,640,163
gauge01=F1GTN!GTN650,  0,163,640,266,UNIT1.POP
gauge02=F1GTN!GTN650,  0,429,640,266,UNIT2.POP
gauge03=B55_XMLGauges!FBS_KR 87 ADF,  0,695,640,134

Any help would be appreciated, not sure if someone's already done this.

You don't have any way to open that window aside from Shift-2.

If you want to do it with a "click spot" though, replace

ident=GPS_PANEL

with

ident=14403

This will enable you to click on the frame of the GTN650 #1 unit to popup the window.

Fr. Bill