Sign in to follow this  
cropduster

Thinking About Coming from FSX- P3D or DX10 Fixer

My current system I7 4790K with GTX970 runs FSX pretty smooth, still trying to get rid of some minor stuttering but I feel I am missing out on the DX10 and above features that will be coming or are out currently.

I have a few questions if you guys can help out....

1- Which one would be better to go to with my current system, P3D or Steves DX10 Fixer.  Price is really not that much difference.  DX10, $29 and P3D $59.

2- If I make the switch to P3D do I have to re-buy all my current add ons to be compatible to P3D, thought I heard there is an application that switches this for you.  

3- What addons don't work in P3D currently.  Below is the list of add ons I currently have....Aerosoft Airbus, PMDG 737, Captainsim 757, FSDT Sceneries, Flight Beam Sceneries, Avlasoft, ASN and REX, Aerosoft Chicago Cities X

4- If going with P3D, I only have one 512GB SSD, can I have both P3D and FSX on the same hard drive?

1 - I used Steve's DX10 fixer. It was excellent and transformed FSX but I was tempted by the promised ongoing development of P3D. With that GPU your PC should fly in P3D. I'm using a GTX750 Ti and get a smooth 50-60fps at most times. Should make things smoother in DX10 FSX as well but remember P3D takes advantage of DX11 ;)

2 - No you don't. I use the Estonia migration tool or just move aircraft manually.

3 - I don't have any airliner add-ons so all my aircraft work apart from the RealAir Duke but I believe a P3D version is in the works. ASN now works fine in V2.5+beta. Check their forum for downloads!

4 - you should easily get both P3D and FSX on that drive. I have both on my 256GB SSD.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I think P3D might be the better long term solution than the DX10 fixer.

I think P3D might be the better long term solution than the DX10 fixer.

+1

P3D still annoys me at times and some bugs remain but the support here on AVSIM is good thanks to Rob Ainscough and his advice/tweaks etc.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I think P3D might be the better long term solution than the DX10 fixer.

Onward and upward.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations