bit of dilemma for me I'm going to buy an ssd and an sshd but unsure the best options for a muti sim setup, so i'm looking for advice on what's the best config.

I'm going to get the seagate 2tb sshd ,its a bit overkill as i still have other slower 5400rpm drive that will remain installed but the price difference between 1 and 2 tb is minimal.

I'm also going to get an ssd drive probably one of the samsung ones but really not sure on size.

As part of the upgrade I will move the operating system onto the ssd but after that i'm not sure weather to put fsx,p3d on the ssd or the sshd.

I know it will speed up load times if they are on the ssd  but not the speed of the sim,Ideally I would like to have the operating system and core sims on the ssd plus maybe ai aircraft, and things like orbx scenery, weather and other addons on the sshd ,is this even possible?

So this is where my dilemma is on the size of the ssd and what to put on it ,to get the best out of my system

any ideas please

Pete Little

Hi Pete ... I'm inclined to get the fastest SSD available eg. Samsung Pro 850, in 128Gb.  Better yet an M.2 in similar size.  I would run the OS and essential utilities, anti-virus/malware on the SSD and everything else on the SSHD.  Having limited space is not only cheaper but will force you into precise 'housekeeping.'

It may be prudent to purchase an USB external 2Gb HD for backup purposes.

Thanks for the info

I already have a couple of usb 3 external drives so ok on that front

rgds

Pete Little

Hi Pete ... I'm inclined to get the fastest SSD available eg. Samsung Pro 850, in 128Gb.  Better yet an M.2 in similar size.  I would run the OS and essential utilities, anti-virus/malware on the SSD and everything else on the SSHD.  Having limited space is not only cheaper but will force you into precise 'housekeeping.'

Another consideration is whether you need to defrag SSHD, is it needed like on the conventional HDD?

Thanks,

Dirk.

whether you need to defrag SSHD

Yes.  A small inconvenience.