Sign in to follow this  
becas22

HOT NEWS!

The Navigraph add on to the add on business model and 'special' pricing is not being received very well according to the initial Facebook comments.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

So what exactly do we pay our Navigraph subscriptions for, or is this a milviz type addon feature, was the fmc promised in other Carenado aircraft before the 550??

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

I think I'll just stick to using the Flight1 GTN750 which is retrofitted into the aircraft so I'm not going to get this addon 

Just quietly... I'm totally buying this.

This is what I've been waiting for.

Carenado to continue to improve and start adding Navigraph to their aircraft, clearly a result of their Hawker 850XP development.

Which I suppose must also be close if they've sorted out the FMS system.

Was in two minds about the citation II but I'm sold.

The Hawker looks great, and might be my first Carenado purchase.  I won't be first and it'll need to be good, though.  What I read about them here isn't that encouraging, but I crave a good bizjet.

sig01.png

Carenado states that is offering a new feature - a Navigraph updatable data feature. Why shouldn't Carendo charge for it?

'special' pricing is not being received very well according to the initial Facebook comments.

Understandable reactions. The plane already marks a new high in Carenado pricing terms, adding some more due to a (hopefully) non-lite FMC doesn't help.

Besides, Ray I have to thank you once again for covering the release with your detailed posts, tests and background stories on why Cessna did this and that and how Carenado was able to catch some of that character.

This is a very interesting plane indeed. Still thinking about purchasing, although I shall now wait for some reports on how that better FMC turns out. My other option would be to leave the FMC offline and once again go with an added RXP gauge.

Understandable reactions. The plane already marks a new high in Carenado pricing terms, adding some more due to a (hopefully) non-lite FMC doesn't help.

Besides, Ray I have to thank you once again for covering the release with your detailed posts, tests and background stories on why Cessna did this and that and how Carenado was able to catch some of that character.

This is a very interesting plane indeed. Still thinking about purchasing, although I shall now wait for some reports on how that better FMC turns out. My other option would be to leave the FMC offline and once again go with an added RXP gauge.

There is yet one more ringer. Carenado is supposingly working on a GTN750 VC Install Pack for the Citation S550. It could or could not include the Reality XP unit. Some of us are guessing it will be in addition to the MFD. If that turns out to be the case, then the Carenado S550 will be absolutely loaded with navigational options provided one picks up all the free fixes and upgrades and maybe adds the ISG1 FMS.

Todays Facebook announcement about the Navigraph option may make the ISG1 option a little less attractive. Of course, there are lots of flight simmers that already own the optional FMS so they will have a choice within a choice.

It is just a little early to tell how it will all turn out. I seriouly doubt the first out of the chute FMS from Carernado, the one with the just announced Navigraph updates will be superior to the ISG1 FMS that JanekBln has made so many customized changes and added features specific to this particular plane.

Should Carenado decide not to release the VC GTN750 pack, which would be an absolutely disaster, marketing wise, then the current work-around by Bert using the MFD box will certainly keep us flying, but could put the final nail in the coffin for future purchases by the GTN owners, present and future.

I personally like how this Citation S550 flies, how it looks and the ability to get in and out of really small airports, yet cruise over 400 knots. Now that we have gathered up enough after-market performance data, it may be my favorite for quite some time. I tend to fly with 50% fuel or less and a long flight for me is 2 hours. Any runway that may be somewhat aligned with my flight path is now a potentially new airport. I have been in more small airports this month than back when Orbx first released the PNW.

I have been using the GTN750 for most of my navigating and approaches but still shooting ILS and LOC approaches for research for the review. This airplane is very stable and handles great all the way to the ground and then is easy to manuever on the tarmac.

It really does have a lot going for it but, you have to get over the pricing and a few glitches here and there.

Regards,

Ray

Good point on the GTN integration, would be a winner. Guess I have to get that gauge sooner or later, just because more and more planes support it and the unit itself is a blast. Got the trainer installed and love it.

As for integrating 'just' my RXP. I would be ok with like it is now. MFD out, GNS530 in. Good enough for that small screen.

I hope my previous post re: pricing policy didn't come in too negatively. I have to praise Carenado for advancing on the gauge integration level and their Navigraph move (read: enabling data update support) is a very welcome one.

I think 10 bucks is a fair charge.  I, too, am happy with the GTN psuedo integration (thanks Bert) but navigraph FMS could be sweet.  I presume everything is integrated into the VC though...  most of their shots (or all) show 2d popups

I can't decide if I'll splurge on that or wait for the hawker.  I'm kinda content with the GTN in the C550 at the moment.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think 10 bucks is a fair charge.  I, too, am happy with the GTN psuedo integration (thanks Bert) but navigraph FMS could be sweet.  I presume everything is integrated into the VC though...  most of their shots (or all) show 2d popups

I can't decide if I'll splurge on that or wait for the hawker.  I'm kinda content with the GTN in the C550 at the moment.

Ryan,

From looking at the 4 screenshots at the Facebook page, it looks to me like the MFD is where you are going to see your Nav Data from the FMS. You don't have to use the popup. The MFD stays in the VC just a zoomed and enlarged copy is available as a popup. The data is in the VC, just the popup is 2d for old weak eyes.

Regards,

Ray

It is too early to tell, but so far from the screen shots on Facebook it looks like there has been little effort to make the UNS-1L actually work like the real UNS-1L.

Current problems with Carenado's UNS-1L

* NAV Page is missing

* Many Menu Pages are missing

* Maneuvers are missing (CMD HDG, SXTK, HOLD, ect)

* DTO missing features (PVOR, LEFT, RIGHT)

* Flight Plan Summery incorrectly labeled as a page

* Selection of approaches incorrect (Should be able to select different airport from Flightplan, then choose runway and approaches are sorted based on runway selection. You should be also be able to choose a STAR)

* Departures not avilable

* No method to STORE a Flight plan

* No method to perform RAIM check (w/o NAV page no method to check ANP)

* No method to check if FMS Approach activates correctly

* TUNE Feature not active

* LIST Feature not active

* Compressed and ATC Flight Plan features not avilable

* Crossing FIX / Crossing LAT or LONG missing

* ETP missing

* VNAV does not operate correctly

* Procedure for inserting manual winds not avilable

* Procedure for entering pilot waypoints not implemented

* Company routes not implemented

I could go on. When I say the Carenado UNS-1L is a light FMS I really mean it is a barebone hardly functional version of the real deal. For $10 extra dollars this package will now cost more than the MilViz 737-200 with a much more functional UNS-1F. I have a hard time saying you get more aircraft for the money from Carenado based on what their FMS can do. It is also more than the Milviz King Air 350i with a much more realistic Proline 21 pit and their more functional UNS-1F. 

Don't forget too that the MilViz UNS-1F is the ISG UNS-1 repackaged as Ernie did the programming for both.  Again I wonder why Carenado didn't just simply contact Ernie and license the technology for their own as the ISG FMS is already Navigraph compliant as well.

As for the charge - If this is a multi-aircraft "update" to add their FMS/Navigraph to all of them for one price, then I'm okay with $10.  If it's for the Cessna only, then I'll just keep using Janek's package as I have been.  Carenado did not advertise the FMS in the Citation as a "lite" FMS.  They called it "fully functional".  That they delivered what is 95% a mask of the FSX default GPS using its internal database (which can't be updated properly due to its design), to me, is false advertising.  To then rectify that situation and expect me to pay for it, it unethical on so many levels.  I do hope that they clarify what they're releasing in short order, or they will find that this "update" will likely blow up in their face.

Chris Trott