Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Advice Needed: FS Passengers

I'm interested in FS Pasengers, but can't find out a couple of bits of info, can anyone help? I fly twin planes like King Airs, Twin Otters and Islanders  and would like the failure system and the rating system for flights, but I don't want some massive clunky interface that launches FSX for me. And I don't want to manage an airline. I just want to fly. I use Plan G for flight planning.

Is this the best add on for me? Or should I look at something else, like .. is it FS Captain?

+1 to what Oliver said.

FSPassengers is no longer being supported and from what I understand doesn't even work on Windows 8/8.1 if you are using that as your OS.

FSCaptain is exactly what you want if all you want to do is fly.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Ha, thanks for the reply. FS Pilot's documentation looks quite daunting, is it easy to use once installed?

Hey guys, will FS Captain run under Steam Edition?

FS Captain's Steam support here:

http://fscaptain.proboards.com/thread/2089/steam-users-having-problems-check

Ha, thanks for the reply. FS Pilot's documentation looks quite daunting, is it easy to use once installed?

You have to configure it properly to make it do exactly what you want it to do (create aircraft failures during your flights yes/no, checks on correctly switching on/off landing lights or seat belt signs, ground de-icing/runway icing effects, automatic pax/freight/fuel loading of your aircraft and some more options). (FS Passengers would have been no different in that respect.)

Once you've done that, everyday use is pretty straightforward and a flight is set up quickly. (Will take you about one minute if you have your flightplan ready.)

It might be useful to create a "trial pilot" for the first couple of flights, before starting your serious FSC career with a 2nd character.

You may also want to run through their tutorial for the very first one or two times.

OP, look and try the Ideal Flight 10 demo.

Although it is a FSX launcher, that is the tip of the ice berg. I like IF10 for its extreme no hassle plan maker and end of flight summary.

Or should I look at something else, like .. is it FS Captain?

one of the better  reviews  and description on how  easy it is  once you set it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVT5ny7ezw

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg