Sign in to follow this  
gpbarth

Un-Install & Re-Install PMDG Products

Due to an irrecoverable error in FSX, I have to un-install and re-install it. I'm probably going to the FSX SE version. Anyway, before I remove FSX, I want to make sure that all of my FSX-connected software has been removed/un-installed. I'm concerned in cleaning the registry to make sure no old links are present.

This would mean removing the 737NGX and the 777.  What I am asking here is a suggestion for the proper way to un-install my PMDG software. I have all of the original downloads, so I hope there will be no problems in re-installing them when I install the new FSX SE software.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :o

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I went through a similar situation a few months ago.
I made the removal of PMDG products and other by normal means, control panel, after removing everything including FSX, used Ccleaner to clean registry, manually deleted all folders, traces of FSX and made new installation without problems.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

What I am asking here is a suggestion for the proper way to un-install my PMDG software. I have all of the original downloads, so I hope there will be no problems in re-installing them when I install the new FSX SE software.

You'll need to download updated installers to install into FSX:SE. Currently, the only installers that are capable of this are the 777 installers. The NGX installers will be out soon.

Replace "777" with any PMDG product in the following:

Uninstall via the Control Panel
Delete any references to the 777 in the FSX > SimObjects folder.
Delete any references to the 777 in the FSX > PMDG folder.
Delete any references to the 777 in the FSX APP DATA > SimObjects folder.
Install new version(s).

Kyle Rodgers

so we don't need to de-activate before uninstall  777?

No Im not lucky ....i am  blessed

:rolleyes: Giogio  A. 

i7-4790K@4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM @ 2400, GEFORCE GTX 980,  2x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo Pro, 2 TB   SAMSUNG , CORSAIR  CX750M ,PHILIP  ULTRA HD 4 K MONITOR 

so we don't need to de-activate before uninstall  777?

Nope. In fact, I'd advise against it unless you're doing any of the things mentioned in the intro manual (reformatting, changing your OS, and so on).

Kyle Rodgers

You'll need to download updated installers to install into FSX:SE. Currently, the only installers that are capable of this are the 777 installers. The NGX installers will be out soon.

Replace "777" with any PMDG product in the following:

Uninstall via the Control Panel
Delete any references to the 777 in the FSX > SimObjects folder.
Delete any references to the 777 in the FSX > PMDG folder.
Delete any references to the 777 in the FSX APP DATA > SimObjects folder.
Install new version(s).

Thanks, Kyle.  Since I'm going to be un-installing FSX, too, I guess the FSX folder will be deleted, either during the un-install or by me afterward. Just a few more files to purge, CCleaner and the registry, and then download and install FSX SE.  I haven'

t had so much fun since the hogs ate my little sister! :wacko:

-= Gary Barth =-

Okay, I've done my re-install with FSX SE, and everything is back in order...with the exception of my PMDG 737NGX and 777.  I know they're still working on the installer for the 737, but it was said that the installer for the 777 was ready.

Can you tell me where I might find the 777 installer (do I re-download the product and install it)? I found this on the PMDG Knowledge Base - is this what I'm supposed to do, or is there an actual installer to do it for me?:

Aircraft loads up dead, no activation window, no landing gear (SimConnect issue)
FSX: Steam Edition General
This issue is caused by an incorrect SimConnect runtime installation on your computer, follow these instructions to fix it:

1. Navigate to this folder:

<FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib

(By default the <FSX root folder> is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX)

2. Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder.

3. Navigate to this folder:

<FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

Inside this folder are three more folders that each contain a SimConnect.msi file - run all three of them.

-= Gary Barth =-

You need to download the latest installer from your PMDG account then install is connect as per that knowledge base article you quoted then you'll be good to go.

One more question: I downloaded and installed the 777 from my account. As per instructions on fixing Aivlasoft's EFB, I had already installed all of the simconnects listed in the PMDG Knowledge Base.

So now...do I just install the SP1c updates normally for the 777? I only have the base package right now.

-= Gary Barth =-

The installer from your account always includes the latest updates, so providing you downloaded it within the last few weeks, you don't need to install any updates.

The installer from your account always includes the latest updates, so providing you downloaded it within the last few weeks, you don't need to install any updates.

Well, I downloaded it this morning, so I am assuming I am good to go with my Triple 7. Now if the 737 installer was ready...  BTW, when it is, I will also assume that the latest SP will be included when I download both the 800/900 and the 600/700 expansion.

I will be glad when this is all over - I've been working on this re-build for over a week now. Arghhhh!

P.S. - What about the PMDG Operations Center? Is that now okay to use?

I also see, from running the Ops Center, that the 737 does have a "FSX SE v1.14" update available. Is that ready to go now, or are we still waiting? Questions, questions...

-= Gary Barth =-

Yes you're good to go.

Correct the installer on your PMDG account will always contain the latest update, so once it is released your download will be up to date.

Yes you can use the operations centre for everything to do with the 777 and the 737 when you get it.

Not sure where you see this? However the 737 is not yet out for SE but there will be a pinned thread announcing it release on the forums in the coming days.

Yes you're good to go.

Correct the installer on your PMDG account will always contain the latest update, so once it is released your download will be up to date.

Yes you can use the operations centre for everything to do with the 777 and the 737 when you get it.

Not sure where you see this? However the 737 is not yet out for SE but there will be a pinned thread announcing it release on the forums in the coming days.

When I launched the Operations Center, it showed an upgrade for the 737 NGX SE. Thought it was strange, as the upgrade is supposed to be released in the next few hours or so.  In any event, I did get the 777 re-installed, and it found the Steam paths with no problems. Waiting for the 737 now.

-= Gary Barth =-

When I launched the Operations Center, it showed an upgrade for the 737 NGX SE. Thought it was strange, as the upgrade is supposed to be released in the next few hours or so.  In any event, I did get the 777 re-installed, and it found the Steam paths with no problems. Waiting for the 737 now.

Not sure what this means as the update isn't out. Do you have the 737 installed?

Not sure what this means as the update isn't out. Do you have the 737 installed?

Nope! Not yet. Re-installed the 777...waiting on the 737.

-= Gary Barth =-