Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Do not underestimate the "Ventubo automatic FSX.cfg" tweaking - even in FSX:SE

Hi all.

I was recently looking at one of Jeroen Doorman's videos on youtube, more specifically the one landing at Heathrow X with Aerosoft's A319. I noticed the "incredible FPS" he got which like usual I checked the comments for fsx.cfg tweaks (bad habit). I've been living under the impression that the Ventubo automatic tweak (which Jeroen Doorman utilizes with the almost exact same setup as I) is a waste for most high-end computers. I'm currently running an I7 4770K OC'ed to 4.5 ghz + a modest GTX 760. I don't know why, but by just enabling bufferpools=0 and affinity mask in my CFG, I only managed to get 17 FPS in the VC of Aerosoft Airbus, and that when NOT looking directly at the terminals. Then, just for fun, I tried implementing an automated Ventubo tweak to my FSX. 

Result --> Same scenario (loading up the exact same film) gave a stable 28 FPS albeit significant drop when looking at the terminal, as usual. In air, out of heathrow with autogen set to dense and LOD radius of 5.5 gave 25-30 FPS in VC. I'm just a little baffeled by the gain, sorry. I can post the modifications that were applied to the CFG if there's interest. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I can post the modifications that were applied to the CFG if there's interest.

Please do.

I'm curious too.  Venetubo is a older tool.  Most of those tweaks can be made manually very easily.  I've been playing with the Usepools/Bufferpools/RejectThreshold recently.

I have Aerosoft Airbuses and UK2000 Heathrow V3 so about the same situation you were in. 

Only difference is I run the i7-4970 at 4.0ghz and not overclocked.  Same vid card. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Heres the modifications that were done:

Congratulations! you have an optimal AffinityMask value!
You are running with frame rates set to unlimited, great! but MAKE SURE you use the 'external' frame rate limiter set to 'exactly' 30 FPS for optimal results. You can download it here
We are enabling BufferPools to use a more efficient, hybrid method.
HIGHMEMFIX was added to your config!
vSync Fix (Windowed mode) applied to your configuration! (Make sure you set your driver to Application controlled so the option is NOT forced but applied by FSX itself) it will work now.
ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 has been added to make FSX Shader 3 compatible
Ground shadows kill performance, adjusting.
Setting TextureMaxLoad to 30 for faster texture loading!
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT has been added to your configuration to prevent blurries.
Autogen 2 style batching is being enabled (DX10 Only).
SmallPartRejectRadius have been added to your config for performance
Adding MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS for improved autogen batching performance.
Removing overlay tips to avoid graphics corruption.
You have DX10 Preview mode enabled, you'll get more peformance in DX9 with the tweaks applied from this service. Please, consider changing the mode to DX9.
Your TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT is being COMPLETELY ignored under your actual configuration, you can very well forget about it.
Your Cloud draw distance is set above 70nm, try using an external weather program to limit visibility and set your cloud draw distance 10nm UNDER this visibility for optimal horizon cloud blend.
MAKE SURE to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 card.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Do you get 25-30 fps with AI turned on. I ran the tool and got the same tweaks you did I'm sure. Still got about 16-19 fps with 40% AI. But get 23-30 fps with no AI.

I still think the bufferpools/usepools/rejectthreshold needs to be fiddled with.

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

No I'm not using any form of AI traffic since I'm only flying on VATSIM.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Ok yeah I do both so makes sense on the different results.

Glad to know our similar setups get about the same results fps wise.

And even when the fps drops to 15 everything still runs smooth so I can't complain.

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

16 FPS in FSX:SE feels better than 16 FPS in the boxed version of FSX. I don't think its placebo either.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Could someone let me know if the website VENTUBO is still functional  ? Takes me to a whole different website altogether

Alienware M17X R3

i7-2860QM 2.5GHz ( 3.6 Ghz TurboBoost 8Mb Cache )

8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 SDRAM ( 2 x 4GB)

750GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

2GB GDDR5 Nvidia Gefore GTX 580M

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Mark Knowles

First Officer - Boeing 737NG

Could someone let me know if the website VENTUBO is still functional  ? Takes me to a whole different website altogether

I'd like to know that too. The website went offline early this year and now the domain is gone.

Matheus Mafra

Bjote is long gone  and that tool is pre SE. I doubt he wanted to pay for it anymore...

There are not a lot of tweaks needed for FSX:Steam. If you have low performance put your autogen slider to normal and water to 1x medium or high. Do not run AI traffic and you should have smooth flights. The uiatomationcore.dll, bufferpools and highmemfix are included by default in Steam.