Sign in to follow this  
frogflex

FSX STEAM EDITION

Hello Everybody ....I have a problem ad i cant figure out whats wrong.

Please consider reading the whole post before giving the usual "hotfixes".

So , it all started when i bought the lenovo z50 (version with i7 ,  geforce 840M (4gb)   and 8 gb of RAM.). I bought FSX-SE throug steam and i installed it with no problems.

So i said "ok we are ready to go" i so i double clicked the shortcut of the game in the desktop...And the nightmare begins: It is giving me an error saying:"

Flightsimulator cannot run because the version of Microsoft DirectX® 

installed on your computer is incompatible. please reinstall Directx 9.0 
by running Flight Simulator Setup or download the current version!..."

Now i did everything and still this problems...Is it possible with these kind of specs (its a 2014 laptop ffs) not to getting it fixedd?

I am getting ######  with this stupid program. I've done everything, from running the directX setup included in the main folder, to reinstalling, to disabling antivirus. The error keeps telling me that my DirectX is incompatible with the game, and I need to go to a dead link to fix the problem. Good job guys, as if your beta testing didn't catch this already. How am I supposed to fix this DirectX problem?

I beg you if you thinking something share it pls,......

I don't know if this could be the problem or not but I just got an Important notice from AVG Antivirus that all Lenovo computers were shipped from the factory with a Superfish virus installed and I think the v50 was on the list.  http://www.avg.com/campaign-landing-pages/gb-en/lenovo-superfish I would look this up on the AVG site and make sure if it is true and then go from there.  I am running the Steam version of FSX-SE parallel with the original box version and everything runs perfectly except that I get notices on startup to agree to run several programs every time I start FSX-SE.  I know it can be changed in the XML files but I have not taken the time to do it yet.  If you can't get this fixed then I would reinstall Steam FSX-SE after removing the virus if it is there.  I have not heard of this problem before.

So, never hard of that again , but i did test my pc for this kind of virus but nothing was found so i assume thats not the problem..

Here are the results:

Not Found - SuperFish Application

Not Found - SuperFish Root Certificate 

Not Found - SuperFish Registry entries

Not Found   SuperFish Files

Not Found - SuperFish Root Certificate for Mozilla products

Complete: SuperFish was not found on this system and no action is required.