Sign in to follow this  
jetstream10

Saitek Yoke & Rudder Pedals not showing in P3D controller options

Hi All,

Having trouble getting my Saitek yoke & pedals to show up in P3D. I can set them up using FSUIPC even though P3D doesn't recognise them. I want to use EZDOK cameras but as P3D doesn't see them how can I get P3D to recognize them.

Thanks to you all,

Jetstream

I am assuming you are using Windows 8 or 8.1? If so, Microsoft left you S.O.L. for your controllers....

If you are interested in using them with EZDOK, you actually set up your EZDOK controls from within the EZCA Utility, not through P3D.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Hi Jetstream,

Launch the sim, load the Underwater flight and you'll have all your Saitek devices listed.

From there make all your changes.

Choose another flight or launch the Underwater flight after another saved flight and you won't get them.

That's a P3D bug that has nothing to do with Windows 8 itself but that occures only with this OS.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I am assuming you are using Windows 8 or 8.1? If so, Microsoft left you S.O.L. for your controllers....

I guess we all aren't S.O.L.  It's funny how different hardware setups net different results.  I'm running Windows 8.1 and I have never experienced any controller disconnects or any other controller issues with P3D or FSX.

Launch the sim, load the Underwater flight and you'll have all your Saitek devices listed.

From there make all your changes.

Choose another flight or launch the Underwater flight after another saved flight and you won't get them.

That's a P3D bug that has nothing to do with Windows 8 itself but that occures only with this OS.

Hope it helps!

I just installed v2.5 with the hotfix and I do not have this problem and I'm using the Saitek Yoke, Pedals, and Cessna Trim Wheel and they all were listed in the P3D axes drop down list upon first run with the default flight.

To the OP make sure you have your yoke and pedals plugged in before running P3D.

Todd

Just tried your suggestions but still have the same problem. could there be a conflict with my X52 joystick and the yoke. I noticed in the controls standard.xml that my yole is in there along with x52. would it be ok to edit the file to remove the x52

Thanks

Jetstream

Hi,

I was experiencing the same problem. One day I detected a solution. Make a copy of your files "Standard.xml" and "Standard.xmlx" anywhere, or rename it simply. Then delete  both files "Standard.xml" and "Standard.xmlx" and let it create P3D by itself. This caused all Saitek controlers to be available again. It is not a perfect solution, but it worked for me. Try then to copy back your saved or renamed files. 

Thanks LOELI,

That solved the problem, all seems to be ok now. Thank again and to everyone for their input.

Jetstream

I tried Loel|12's fix and it worked until I got to my A2A 182 and tried to assign an axis to the mixture.  Once again it failed and when I bring the "Controls" portion up it now says "Mouse Yoke".  I am not having this problem with FSX!  Since it works with one simulator and not another I cannot see that it is a windows problem.  It is either the hardware or a problem with the compatibility of FSUIPC with P3D.

Hi,

I cannot offer you a 100% solution, but I would try:

1) Delete "Standard.xml" and "Standard.xmlx" once mor and let it rebuild by P3D. See, if this helps.

2) Check for double assignments in P3D and FSUIPC. If you want to assign controls via FSUIPC, then disable corresponding controls in P3D, or assign controls in P3D and then, you must disable it in FSUIPC.

Having here no problems with Saitek controls, with P3D2.5 and W7/64

Just to add - P3D has a nasty habit of reassigning controllers after you've changed them IF you DON'T save the control assignments file (in the controls GUI). Once I'd saved mine it stopped trying to reassign stuff I'd already deleted and assigned in FSUIPC!

Hope this helps

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg