Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Are you sick of flying?

After that marathon, maybe we can rekindle a little enthusiasm. How many of you are up for some Caribbean R&R?

A nice leisurely jaunt from San Juan, Puerto Rico to St Maarten. Stopping off at 'islands, various' and not forgetting St. Barthelemy and Saba

I doubt there's anyone here that isn't familiar with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCT7IA9fHXM

Flight plan:

Aircraft=Please yourself

Scenery=Fly Tampa's St. Maarten complete (includes the three islands) wouldn't come amiss.

Kick off 1900hrs Zulu

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Fantastic Ron,

FlyTampa TNCM/TFFJ/SABA is a fantastic scenery, perfect place to test one's pilot 'mettle'.  Heck try getting a light float happy Cessna 182 into St Barts....a  fully loaded 182 (with fully loaded pilot LOL) is actually easier to land there in this case. 

Cheers

TJ

Sick of Flying,  Heck NO.    Looks like a fun route but why did you bypass Saba?   I would love to join everyone but I've got another commitment tomorrow.  See you fellows the week after.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Sick of flying? No...in fact, I'm embarking on a leisurely jaunt of my own around the world.  More details will follow.  

However, I'm not sure I want to repeat my recent experiences in the Caribbean...  :rolleyes:

We're hosting the in-laws tomorrow for my father-in-law's birthday, so regrettably I'll have to miss it.

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Absolutely not sick of flying! I'm always up for a Caribbean flight and this looks like a nice plan so see you at 1900.  Aircraft to be decided....

I actually made the plan before getting Fly Tampa, so Saba wasn't known to me. We'll still give it a go though. Apparently Saba is forbidden to any but a couple of experienced Winair pilots. Pfft! Experience? We don' need no steenkin' experience!

...a light float happy Cessna 182

That's going to be my weapon of choice! :Nail Biting:

Sick of flying? This sounds a great pleasure.

That St Barts video is inspirational, Ron. I'll fly the Aerosoft Twin Otter (Extended) in the livery of Winair. And try to crash quietly.

Aircraft details on Roman's Multiplayer Aircraft Alias spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GW9WtOhGVQBrvd9G8B15P_i5vB1aUjOOPZgObirFF7w/edit#gid=0

Ron, thanks for organizing the event. See you all at 1900 UTC.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

My guess is the Twin Otter will be the only one to make it into Saba. Good choice.

PS. For those who would like a bit of freeware scenery to give the airports some local color, you might install the following by Jean Louis Valladier. Decent quality freeware with special-made terminals that provide a sense of something special.

All at FlightSim.com. Look for "Valladier"

TUPJ: ilesviergesv2.zip

TKPK and TKPN: stkitts.zip

TAPA: antigua.zip and antigua-1.zip

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

A thoroughly enjoyable flight with a spectacular finish as we headed towards the sunset from St Barthelmy to Saba.  A few shots taken from my Islander:

Saba1.jpg?dl=0

Saba2.jpg?dl=0

Saba3.jpg?dl=0

Thanks Ron!  Looking forward to the continuation next week.

I have to say that was better than I expected. Super screens, that was pretty much what I was seeing albeit with a different sunset sky. Three attempts to land on Saba, success on #4! 

Not to worry Eamonn, there's more island goodness next Saturday.

I want to take this opportunity to apologise for attaching a PLG flight plan as opposed to a PLN. None of you said anything! :rolleyes: Am I THAT much of an old grouch?