Sign in to follow this  
DownDiver

Small Monitor for Flight1 Software GTN750 & GTN 650

I'm looking for a small tablet/monitor for the Flight1 Software GTN750 & GTN 650 that can be used standalone.

Any suggestions?

I'd like to keep them separate from my main 40" 4k monitor.

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

A small touchscreen monitor would seem ideal. You may be able to use a tablet with an app that allows you to use it a s PC display but I have tried these before and they have a couple of disadvantages in that your SIM has to be in windowed mode and they use your wifi network which can introduce a bit of lag. In your shoes I would be asking your question on the official Flight1 forums to see what others are using and how successful the various options are.

I'm looking for a small tablet/monitor for the Flight1 Software GTN750 & GTN 650 that can be used standalone.

Any suggestions?

I'd like to keep them separate from my main 40" 4k monitor.

I use a Liliput 10 inch touchscreen. It works perfect for me. You can find them all over the net. I think I got mine Amazon but shop prices for best deal.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I use an Acer 23" touchscreen as a secondary monitor.  I started using before the GTN gauges came to be and it was great; now, with the GTN's, it's absolutely superb. 

The idea that something has revolutionized my simming sounds cliche, but the touchscreen + GTN combo really can't be beat.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Can you assign those turn  knobs to a Go Flight knob? 

Remember we used to be able to do that with Reality xp GPS... Assign a key to to those buttons and turn knobs.. Then reassign those keys to GO Flight. so when you press the go flight button or turn knob, it sends a key (combo) and then the ini file would  translate those keys to one that the Reality xp GPS understands.

Does F1 provide for such an ini file?

Can one of you please check to see if there is such an ini file and report back please.. thanks

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Can you assign those turn knobs to a Go Flight knob?

I've just had a peek though the manual; I didn't spot anything about it.

That said, I've never had a desire to use the knob, and the few buttons on the frame (the important one being the direct-to) are also operable via touchscreen. 

Seriously, this gauge screams for a touchscreen.  I'm sure that anyone without one still enjoys the gauge, but being able to do absolutely everything purely via touch is just so quick and intuitive.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

You can buy any monitor you want and then attach an infra red touch screen. Mine is 18" and I have  both Simtouch 2 and the GTN on it. Infra red are unique in that you can use any object you like eg finger,pencil,a big stick....

ZORAN

Seriously, this gauge screams for a touchscreen.

My 4th Monitor (3 Wideview) + 1 19" ELO Touchscreen but being used as regular monitor only).  

But the Touch screen has a Serial cable that goes into a serial input (it was working on my old PC that had a serial input) but my new PC (whelp its about 2 years old now) does not have a serial input.

I am not sure how good  those Serial  to USB cables are and I need figure out how do to this  and use my touch screen as touch screen instead of using it like a regular monitor 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter