Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Loading up the big FedEx.....

Been neglecting her, and still waiting for the P3d 2.5 version to be released from PMDG, so this is FSX:SE.

At KDFW, busy on the ramp this morning,

ZPcpeK.jpg

Getting loaded up for her flight

P7uLRO.jpg

Hopped on the wing to get this shot of the loader....

75fjvj.jpg

Time for the walk around...past the nose, looking back at that huge GE powerplant...looks...well....HUGE!

dZPZfN.jpg

Checking out the wheels, tires, brakes, hyd. lines, gear bay, doors...etc

oPCbVh.jpg

Inspecting the Vertical stab/rudder as a Spirit A320 jets off to its destination....

xTM92b.jpg

Coming around the port side...walk around almost done (Good...COLD in Dallas this morning...and may even need deicing!)

688op9.jpg

Inspecting the port intake....Delta CRJ sneaking into the shot.

FYFl0z.jpg

Static ports look good...let me get into that warm cockpit!

YVcoBo.jpg

Taking her to Memphis....screens coming later.

Apps used when capturing these screens:

FSX:SE

PMDG 777F

Paint: My FedEx paint 

Scenery:FSDT KDFW, Dallas Megascenery

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Really enjoyed them!

Cheers

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

Great shots Steve.  Love flying the FEDEX and UPS colors.

By the way the PMDG 777 works in V2.5 with no issues.  Been using it since day one of version 2.5 release.

Sean Green

Thanks Stu

By the way the PMDG 777 works in V2.5 with no issues.  Been using it since day one of version 2.5 release.

Thanks Sean,

To be honest, as much as I love the 777, it still does look great in FSX:SE, and runs fantasic with my setup.  I'm struggling with another $100 purchase of the same plane when its so good in FSX:SE.

These shots are convincing me of that, and I may save my money for the 747 as my first dedicated P3d purchase.

As you can see from my other posts, I'm having a blast with the excellent Aerosoft Airbus in P3d...so maybe long haul in FSX until the 747, and short haul in P3d.  :smile:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

To be honest, as much as I love the 777

Great series Steve-O!  The deadline is approaching on the discounted PMDG 777 P3D price B)  Heck, if you're flying both Steam and P3D why not do like you said with short hauls on one and longer hauls on the other.  The 889 sure is getting dirty :lol:

Chris Sunseri

I'll second that

The 777 is working flawlessly for me with v2.5

so far ;)

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Great series Steve-O!  The deadline is approaching on the discounted PMDG 777 P3D price   Heck, if you're flying both Steam and P3D why not do like you said with short hauls on one and longer hauls on the other.  The 889 sure is getting dirty

Thanks Chris!  She is very photogenic with her photo-tail. :wink:  I know the deadline is fast approaching before the price hike, but I may actually stand firm on this one, as Steam is purring along like a kitten with our big 777 on my machine.  Thinking that money may go to...hmmmm..."Immersion" maybe?  :Big Grin:  

889 had her wings deiced yesterday...at DFW for Pete's sake!  So yeah she'll be in for a dirty paintjob soon (Funny how I have to paint dirt on them...usually when they are in the shop they're getting a new coat)

uh1UKz.jpg

kvcxZX.jpg

JVVbZu.jpg

I'll second that

The 777 is working flawlessly for me with v2.5

so far ;)

Thanks Laserit.  I figured as much, but kinda' using it as my excuse to not drop another $100+ for the same plane...that money will buy a few more add-ons that I've been wanting anyway.  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

What traffic is that, Steve?

Hey Greg, it's a modification of the ICE package.  I say modification because I installed it then parsed out the airlines I didn't want.

One of my bucket list items is to customize my own ai, including paints (I am a painter for goodness sake!) on models of my choosing, then build my own BGLs and generally get into ai creation from model painting on through route customization.

Right now, the free packages on the web work for me, regardless of their history (I've heard of the whole ICE debate, but since some of my freely distributed AI paints are in the package, and it has not killed me yet, nor am I losing revenue because I may not be specifically credited, I tend to move on and just know my contributions to this hobby are not generally being misused.)

A lot of folks who would otherwise defend me on my own behalf for these grievous acts of "Piracy", while well-intentioned, actually serve to stir up a pot that does not need stirring.  I'm quite capable of defending my intellectual work on the web if need be, but I signed up for distributing "freeware" well over 13 years ago when I uploaded my 1st repaint here on Avsim.

Since then, if I had the desire or concern about pursuing every person who violated the simple EULA included some of my older freeware releases (I don't think I even include one anymore...just not worth the time to type it out, lol), I could spend the rest of my days policing flightsim websites, Ebay, CraigsList, to track down all those baddies who seek to do me harm!  Believe me I have better things to do.  :lol:

Here is the last EULA I had in my Feelthere EMB repaint series:

LEGAL:

It's freeware. Don't sell it, don't put it where it can be sold. This includes packaged CD's sold on eBay, sites that charge to download files or have memberships, etc. 

And in that same readme.txt file, I credited some of the folks that helped me bring all those paints to the community:

I want to say a special thank you to Avsim for its service to the community and all the simmers out there who have supported us freeware developers through thick and thin.

Credits:

Some parts may contain a pixel or two from a paintkit created by Rui Mesquita...Great job Rui!

(I used his windows on the 175..Thanks Rui!)

(I'm getting too old to remember if I included any pixels from his paintkit, but giving him credit just the same, as I know how hard it is to create them. :) I know I used his paintkit as a reference to sort out where some of the parts are mapped on this bird.

His kit was adapted from the existing "E170/E190/Lineage" paink kit (E-Jet V1 by Feelthere) which I have yet to find on the internet! So credit to Feelthere for releasing the paintkit and hiding it successfully on the net, lol!

Speaking of paintkits, I've created many in my day, and freely uploaded them for other painters to use.  This only helps to expand the community and I've never had a problem (that I know of) from that avenue of freeware being exploited in an evil plot.

In short (and sorry to drag my whole view of freeware legalities into this post, but as a prolific freeware dev myself, I feel I have a different perspective than those who've never uploaded a thing, but wish to defend my kind, hehe), I'm here to enjoy both what I contribute, and freely take from the various other freeware devs out there.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Type 4 juice flowing for the last few days here. Nice pics!

Thanks NWA!  

The actual greenish tint on the pics is post-production (as you probably figured out), but as a painter, I used my artistic license to enhance the pics.  :blush:   Would be really cool if GSX could add that as an effect, and have it actually stain and streak the plane as it does in real life.  :wink:

Very unusual to deice here at DFW...but the weather has been insane here!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

but the weather has been insane here!

It's been insane everywhere!  I've never seen a February like this. Retirement can't come soon enough and then it will never snow in my island paradise!!

Chris Sunseri

It's been insane everywhere!  I've never seen a February like this. Retirement can't come soon enough and then it will never snow in my island paradise!!

I hear ya!  my current retirement airport is KTPA, then a quick hop to the west.  I can't say its never snowed there, but not like its normal like...Boston...My goodness, people actually live there on purpose?  :P   Nothing against Bean Town, but the NE has been particularity brutal this year.

My brother currently lives in ME...and owns a snowblower.  NEVER will I live in a place of my own choosing that would require me to own a snowblower as well as a lawnmower, hehe.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Superb Shots,Thanks for sneaking in that MD-10 also,One of my favorites.It seems I can hear The Turbine Engines crystal clear in this cold crisp air.It was -10 this morning on final to Runway 28 Center on Approach to KORD Chicago.I was Watching a FedEx MD-10 Lumber in at around 4:30 am.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Superb Shots,Thanks for sneaking in that MD-10 also,One of my favorites.It seems I can hear The Turbine Engines crystal clear in this cold crisp air.It was -10 this morning on final to Runway 28 Center on Approach to KORD Chicago.I was Watching a FedEx MD-10 Lumber in at around 4:30 am.

Thanks Patrick!

Yeah we have an MD-10 or 2 that lumbers out of DFW in the evening that flies right over my place when they are doing North departures.  The heavies flying over always sound unique to the bevy of A320s, 737s, MD-80s (by far the loudest of them all, and sadly soon to be gone from the skies) flying over my place.  Also get the UPS MD-11s too, they look beautiful on departure.

We probably spot some of the same type of traffic, as KORD is one of AA's main hubs as well...bet you see your share of the aluminium beauties (but that site too is going away with the new paint scheme).

Like to see the FedEx in the distance though...very easy to distinguish on the horizon when they are but a spot. :)

Love flying the FEDEX and UPS colors.

Hey Sean, look for a flight with the UPS 777 soon too...as she's one of my favorite paints.   And you can rest assured my 777 UPS paint will make it to the 744F when she's released. 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg