Sign in to follow this  
FSProUK

X-Plane Ultra-Realism for FREE

A new series of videos has just started on YouTube titled "X-Plane Ultra-Realism for FREE".

No prior knowledge of X-Plane or scenery is required. Every step is described. Designed for beginner to intermediate (though there are occasional tips, tricks and products that may benefit all, no matter your experience level).

Promo video is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MZ53Z874rrM

Subscribe here for the rest of the series:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCobolman?sub_confirmation=1

This looks like it will be a great series. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks for This Great Post.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks Tony - much appreciated. Needless to say. I have a video coming up in the series that's devoted to World2XPlane but I am certain it will benefit from your input. If there's anything you'd like me to mention, please feel free to ping me.

Thanks again.

Thanks everybody for your kind comments. So far, I have 10 videos planned for the series. If anyone has anything they'd like me to cover, I'd welcome hearing about it.

Thanks.

Actually this is really great stuff.   I always had trouble geting my head around the scenery thingy in X-Plane,  a step by step guide is exactly what the community needs,  for folks like me anyway. 

So far, I have 10 videos planned for the series. If anyone has anything they'd like me to cover, I'd welcome hearing about it.

I am very much a novice when it comes to anything to do with scenery creation, and having said that, a couple of years ago I was trying to figure out how to work with autogen in order to add more variation as well as regionalization.  Unfortunately life got very busy and I could not dedicate any time to this endeavor.  If you can, I would love to see content related to two things:

1) How to alter existing autogen.

2) How to create new autogen.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about what I did learn at the time.

Thanks so much for you channel.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I am very much a novice when it comes to anything to do with scenery creation, and having said that, a couple of years ago I was trying to figure out how to work with autogen in order to add more variation as well as regionalization.  Unfortunately life got very busy and I could not dedicate any time to this endeavor.  If you can, I would love to see content related to two things:

1) How to alter existing autogen.

2) How to create new autogen.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about what I did learn at the time.

Thanks so much for you channel.

That's what Tony is looking at in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463253-new-autogen-tech/

It might be helpful to have a chat with him?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

@User72  Hi Matthew

Sure. my specs are listed below. I usually post this on my YouTube videos too, where appropriate:

Motherboard

Giga-Byte GA-Z77X-UD5H

CPU

Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz

OS

Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit

Storage

32.0 GB RAM Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 647MHz (9-9-9-24)

119GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (SSD)

931GB Seagate ST31000524AS (SATA)

111GB SanDisk SDSSDX120GG25 (SSD)

476GB Crucial_CT512MX100SSD1 (SSD)

HID

Saitek X52 HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals

Video Hardware

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (EVGA)

DELL2407WFPHC (1920x1200@59Hz)

DELL 2007WFP (1680x1050@60Hz)

Video Software

Camtasia v8.4

NVIDIA ShadowPlay

Audio Hardware

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Turtle Beach EarForce X12

Rode USB Microphone

Audio Software

Audacity v2.0.5

Camtasia v8.4

@MikeT707

As scotchegg says, Tony (tonywob) is working on that very thing at the moment. The screenshots are fantastic and I was hoping to get a pre-view so I could include it in my videos. I don't think I've convinced him enough yet :)

That said, I'll drop you a PM. I'd be interested in anything that you have.

Thanks.

Thanks. The reason I ask is I see you have really good framerates in the video and I wondered why. I use ZL18 scenery for Ireland and I find it really cuts down the frames, down to 17-19 over Dublin, 30's at best. I also suffer with it from micro-stutters that destroy the immersion. Without the scenery everything is hunky dory, no stutters, fps 30-60 depending on where you're looking in the A320neo. I wonder do you see anything similar on mainland UK with your setup and what zoom level are you using?

Thanks. The reason I ask is I see you have really good framerates in the video and I wondered why. I use ZL18 scenery for Ireland and I find it really cuts down the frames, down to 17-19 over Dublin, 30's at best

I have the same issue, at first I thought it was World2XPlane, but I think the problem is my video memory. It's always going just over, and when it does, I get the micro stutters. I get this with ZL17, but not with ZL16, so I've started to downgrade to make it usable.