Sign in to follow this  
alexzar14

How to acquire a P3D 777 installer?

Hello, what is it you do to install it into a P3D?

I have only the FSX installer in my products page. Do you have to buy it? What's the procedure and what are the costs?

Yes u need to purchase new PMDG 777 P3D version, because it different platform, current price same as FSX version but after 7 march the price will be 134.99

Muhamad Aliff

Have already been discussed quite thoughly... 

Have a look here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/

That's not part of my question, I am not asking why it costs this or that much (let it cost even $200, the reason is justified), my question is basic: why there is no discount for owners of FSX version who want to switch to P3D? Unless there is... have no idea and thus asking.

That's not part of my question, I am not asking why it costs this or that much (let it cost even $200, the reason is justified), my question is basic: why there is no discount for owners of FSX version who want to switch to P3D? Unless there is... have no idea and thus asking.

Two completely separate platforms and licensing models. Technically it is being offered at a discounted price at present.

But there is currently a discount, it's reduced in price to $89, hurry, this time limited offer ends in March.

Ian R Tyldesley

Actually, there is a discount right now. The base package is $89.99 until March 7th. Then, it increases to $134.99. you have to be the judge of whether it's worth it or not.

NAX669.png

A little confused still... a discount is the sum paid for the FSX version, $135-90 = $45, otherwise it's like paying to fuel a car with a regular gas, then paying again for super and only then begin fueling.

Ok anyway, not going back to this, lets talk about the following now:

I am aware of a P3D-64bit under development, that will be a must and by then all costs will be 100% justified. 

Right now, despite the discount, I am in doubt, not knowing where the VAS problem is being resolved or not (P3D+777 is almost $200 alone)

Let's put it this way, if you tell me (I still haven't seen this being said, in solid) that I can fly it from FSDT KJFK to Asoft EGLL with no VAS, I am shelling the $200.

Otherwise I'll "relax" and wait for progress.

VAS is the only issue why I am considering the P3D, no other features I care about.

The P3D version is more expensive because of the licensing costs. PMDG are offering at a $45 discount until 3rd March. After that it will cost $135. End of. 

Let's put it this way, if you tell me (I still haven't seen this being said, in solid) that I can fly it from FSDT KJFK to Asoft EGLL with no VAS, I am shelling the $200.

Nobody can guarantee this it's completely system/settings dependent.

The P3D version is more expensive because of the licensing costs. PMDG are offering at a $45 discount until 3rd March. After that it will cost $135. End of. 

Nobody can guarantee this it's completely system/settings dependent.

Some one with the addons can try and tell us.

It is known for a fact that the combination of the following 4 addons will cause an OOM despite any settings:

PMDG-777/iFly-747 + FSDT/Aerosoft scenery + FTX Base/Vector + ASN. Anyone will have an OOM in FSX with these 4 because that's what it is.

With P3D, some one has to try it and report (success or not).

Some one with the addons can try and tell us.

It is known for a fact that the combination of the following 4 addons will cause an OOM despite any settings:

PMDG-777/iFly-747 + FSDT/Aerosoft scenery + FTX Base/Vector + ASN. Anyone will have an OOM in FSX with these 4 because that's what it is.

With P3D, some one has to try it and report (success or not).

That's quite a demand...

Anyhow. I often fly from FSDT O'hare to Aerosoft EGLL Xtended, with FTX Global + Vector and ASN in the 777 and never get OOMs in FSX. Like I said, it's system dependent.

That's quite a demand...

Anyhow. I often fly from FSDT O'hare to Aerosoft EGLL Xtended, with FTX Global + Vector and ASN in the 777 and never get OOMs in FSX. Like I said, it's system dependent.

Hm, that must make a sensation because even Word Not Allowed confirmed the combination of listed addons causes an OOM.

Please share the "secret to infinite life".

Sorry about "demanding", it (bad choice of words) came out of frustration -)))

I shall try a flight with Vector disabled as suggested, may have to give it up if that's what it takes.

I've used those add-ons together too, and haven't had an OOM error either.

In any case, the license (and associated costs) originate from the fact that it's a different license, together with many under-the-hood modifications, intended for a different crowd.