Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

Can the iFly 747-400 v2 FMC import Flight Plans from FSX?

Hi, I wanted to know if the iFly 747-400 v2 FMC can import flight plans created in the default FSX planner. I always create my flight plans in FSX so that I can fly with the FSX ATC.

I don't mind setting up the FMC in terms of the pre-flight setup and landing but I don't like entering the actual route entries.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

F.

No idea about the built in FSX planner, but PFPX definitely supports it. I'd take a shot in the dark and say SimBrief does too.

Hi Karan, thanks very much for your input I appreciate it. Yes PFPX seem very robust and complete, I will check it out.

Thanks again

Regards.

Forshaw

Hi;

Is there a 3rd, party product out there that will convert a flight plan created in by the default FSX planner to iFLY 747 v2?

There are a few out there for PMDG 747 which I use and work great.

i am looking to purchase the iFLY 747 V2  product and wanted to know if there was something similar.

Thanks.

Forshaw.

You can create a flight plan using www.simbrief.com and then download both a FSX Flight Plan (.pln) version of it, and a version for the iFly 747 (both are included in the drop down list).

Place the FSX flight plan into your Documents/Flight Simulator X folder, and place the iFly flight plan into the iFly folder.     Load the FSX Flight plan as normal in FSX, and load the iFly flight plan using the iFly 747's FMC as normal.    Both will be identical.

Fantastic, thank you. I wasn’t quite sure of the FSX plan side and if any manual manipulation was required to make it exactly the same.

Thanks again.

Best Regards.

Forshaw C.