Sign in to follow this  
sidhantsv

ASN v. Opus

Well title says it .! Especially with the WXR feature ASN is on my buying list.But Opus looks really nice as well!

Hi there,

i have both weather engines. Both are great and both have their flaws. My choice is ASN it is clean and simple.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Your best bet is to buy both,  you will eventually anyway and see what works for you.  Both fantastic but i am using ASN for now, it works for me

More discussions about ASN vs OPUS:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/439754-opus-vs-active-sky-next/?hl=%2Bopus

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have both and like them both. I was a beta tester for ASN from the very beginning and was with them for over 10 years. I think I used ASN with P3d ver 2.4. During that time I tried ASN but it caused stuttering with P3D. We tried everything to no avail so I bought Opus FSI. It worked very well with P3D ver 2.4 and there was NO stuttering. Then along came P3d Ver 2.5. Got Opus going with that no problem. So I said to myself, why don't you try ASN? So I did with the new version to work with P3D ver 2.5. It worked like a charm and NO stuttering. What went on with ver 2.4 I am not sure but there was stuttering with Ver 2.4. I am now using ASN as I always liked it and maybe a little partial because of my involvment but OPUS does a fine job also. Its a win win situation if you have both. Just my 2 cents worth

Nelson

Opus is my substitute when LM brings out a new P3D2 version and HiFi ist still in update process of ASN. What i discovered in Opus is the clouds touching the ground which looks awful. ASN has better cloud handling i think.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

ASN for weather, OPUS for dynamic head movement and custom camera views. Both a must.

Vic green

I have both too. ASN is better for weather. Cheers. 

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Has the checkerboard effect sorted out? When flying at high altitudes clouds below form a very strange interpolated maze of some sort... does opus have the same problem?

OPUS for dynamic head movement

I can no longer fly without DHM. IMO its the biggest single improvement you can make with any sim

Oh yeah and it does weather to.

ZORAN

You need ASN if you are going to use the PMDG T7 weather radar as well as the NGX soon to be upgraded (any minute,  hour, day, year, now) with the wx radar addition.

Vic green

Thanks for all the replies gents! Appreciate it :lol:  :rolleyes:  Topic can be closed , I may buy both but I'm currently low on budget! So for now ASN !

Before this closes, you can get demo versions of both so you can try them out before you buy. I did that and went for Opus partly because of the included camera and head movements included.

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Before this closes, you can get demo versions of both so you can try them out before you buy. I did that and went for Opus partly because of the included camera and head movements included.

Strongly suggested. Always remember that different computers can handle programs differently.