Sign in to follow this  
lagaffe

Hotfix 2.5.12944.0 for Prepar3D v2.5

Lockheed Martin has released a second patch, n° 2.5.12944.0 for Prepar3D v2.5.

This second patch fixes four problems:

• sun glare with HDR,
  • shadow issue with wave and bathymetry,
  • SimDirector gamepad,
  • dull night lights in VC

Here the links for all versions:

Version Academic - Professionnal:

REMOVED LINKS - Rob.

Take care to backup old files before apply the patch ... in case you want to restore the last version :rolleyes:

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

Great stuff, merci beaucoup for the headsup Didier! :smile:

Now we just have to wait for the next ASN beta, the update broke the "as_connect" module. No big concern though, the HiFi developers have been quick to respond to the recent updates.

(By the way, nice to see I'm not the only one still using the great Cougar ...).

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Furthermore we need to wait for new updates of the Flight1 GTN and the FSDT AddOn Manager.

Patric

Thanks for the heads up, Glad to see they've fixed that horrible sun 'glare'

The Hotfix is now in my downloads folder and as an ASN/GTN and GSX user, that's where it's staying for now! :D

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Do I get the feeling you don't entirely trust the p3d hotfix files?

Downloaded and saved until someone confirms it doesn't break anything... :P

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Can someone post a pic of  the sun glare post patch? What exactly does this look like now.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

What's with the Cloud download?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Where'd this come from - not mentioned on LM site yet - and earlier was said it was there then pulled? Why should it break GTN and/or FSDT again - tho' can understand a certain nervousness!  :mellow:   (but I didn't have a problem with the first hotpatch . . .)

AND all the files in this hotpatch are 3 days old?

I'll wait till we hear from Rob!

Strange.. I'm running a virus scan on this one... 

It's bogus... 

Should have read OP name... lagaffe means goofy :(

It's certainly not bogus.

Beta maybe, but not bogus.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

At the moment, check the LM P3D forum -it is not released, still in beta and links being removed.

As in if you install from an unofficial tip - it'll surely be on your own head - as said I'd wait for an official LM release and a Rob OK!

Edit : and as later replies show -  I'd wait for an official release and a Rob OK!   :P

the Prepar3D forum explains that is still a beta version which was put up by error and is now withdrawn.

Ok, calm down folks. :P

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

What I've tested so far 

Works:

FSUIPC 4.939

PMDG 777

CS 777

Orbx ObjectFlow.dll -- need to test this more (windsock, birds, flag animate), it was updated to 1.0.10.3

FSGRW v1.7 build #29

Does NOT work:

Virtuali Add-On Manager (installer v3.0.0.0) 

Cheers, Rob.

This is still Beta ... apparently there was some confusion on release.  There are some issues with this patch that I will report to LM.  For those that have the patch, I recommend you NOT install.

Cheers, Rob.