Sign in to follow this  
downscc

P3D B738 KATL-KLAX

Enroute in a Delta B738 FL380 with ASN (open beta) and P3D (with hot fix).  All the pieces are close to coming together.  Wicked headwinds today.

B738KATLKLAX_zps4mrbctf7.jpg

Dan Downs KCRP

Enroute in a Delta B738 FL380 with ASN (open beta) and P3D (with hot fix).  All the pieces are close to coming together.  Wicked headwinds today.

Nice shot Dan! I was picking up 93 last night at FL220 from IAD to ROA on a shop hop test.

Kyle Rodgers

I saw over 100 from STL to HOU a couple of mornings ago playing Southwest buoy..

That was SW of St. Louis, and it died down slowly as I headed south to Houston.

Saw over 160 at one point from KBOS to EGLL a couple of weeks ago.

Luckily it was a tailwind. Needless to say I made good time to London.   :)

That was the second leg of my round the world trip in my pseudo BBJ3 737-900..

I finished that RTW trip about 3-4 days ago. The last leg being Toncontin to Houston Hobby, which is where I started.

The entire trip was KHOU-KBOS-EGLL-ESSA-UUEE-USSS-VIDP-VTBD-WIDD-YPDN-AGGH- NCRG-NTAA-SCIP-SEGS-MHTG-KHOU.

I took my time and flew a leg when I had time.

The tailwind I saw going across the Atlantic was the highest winds aloft I'd ever seen in

the sim so far.  I see over 100 quite often in the winter. Not that unusual really.

Edit.. make that over 170 at one point.. I saved a few snapshots.. Going east out

of Boston. Wasn't quite to cruise at that point..

windy.jpg

How did you install it into a P3D??

So, if I can install an FSX item into a P3D, perhaps then I don't need to buy a dedicated P3D 777?

Share your thoughts guys...

He's a beta tester for PMDG, so it is a P3D beta for the NGX. Also, using a PMDG product licensed for FSX in P3D is against their EULA, and is not allowed.

How did you install it into a P3D??

So, if I can install an FSX item into a P3D, perhaps then I don't need to buy a dedicated P3D 777?

Share your thoughts guys...

He's a beta tester for PMDG. Just like my earlier pictures, we're testing it in P3D to get it ready for release.

You cannot install an FSX item (from us) into P3D. If you want to use our offerings in P3D, it will require a separate license.

Kyle Rodgers

So, if I can install an FSX item into a P3D

You can't.

Perhaps then I don't need to buy a dedicated P3D 777?

If you want to use it in P3D, you do. Nobody's holding a gun to your head, though.

Nice shot.  ^_^

I too noticed strong Winds over the US at the moment. Difficult conditions for flights to the westcoast.

Everyone can fly in calm winds but this is for men.  B)

Philipp Schwaegerl

What happened to your RNP/ANP indication on the ND?

Company option. See the intro manual for details.

Kyle Rodgers

Flew fron KBNA to KLAS tonight and i had a nice headwind of 107kt at FL360 went down to about 102 as i got up to 380.

So its very windy in the states atm :o

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

How are the frames? I hope the NGX is better than the T7?  (Flying into airports like FSDT KLAX, I had to reduce Nvidia settings below acceptable quality to keep it >15 to 20)

Cheers

Perry

Regards, Perry

Perry, full names in the PMDG forums please.

I don't use frame rate as a measure of performance, as long as there's no stutter and the animation is fluid frame rate is of no consequence.  You have other problems if you cannot fly the 777 into KLAX FSDT, and especially if you don't have fluid animation with a frame rate 15-20 fps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Perry, full names in the PMDG forums please.

I don't use frame rate as a measure of performance, as long as there's no stutter and the animation is fluid frame rate is of no consequence.  You have other problems if you cannot fly the 777 into KLAX FSDT, and especially if you don't have fluid animation with a frame rate 15-20 fps.

Thanks, Dan. I hope my signature got on this time.

Do you have any hints on improving performance or settings in P3D v2.5 and the latest Nvidia drivers?

Regards, Perry