Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Always speak as I find

I respectfully recommend the program 'Simstarter'..........................http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105

Using this program has given me more fps and at times more than triple.

It changes your fsx.cfg file so don't forget to back up first, just in case you don't like it.   I am sure you will though.

I also declare that I have no business interest in it, I am just simply trying to help you all.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks. I'll try it.  73  -  Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

One thing it does is to place all your 'accepted files' at the bottom of your fsx.cfg.   Just wondering if this, is the FSX magic bullet. :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

I respectfully recommend the program 'Simstarter'..........................http://aviation.pero...ss/?page_id=105

Using this program has given me more fps and at times more than triple.

I use it too but I would challenge your claim that it triples frame rates. It's just a way of having more than one configuration for the fsx.cfg. Any improvement in frame rates come from different settings in fsx.cfg - not SimStarter itself.

I have two configurations - one for a 737 that has a simple panel and another for FS Labs Concorde which is far heavier on VAS so dialling back scenery settings for Concorde gives me more VAS than if I used the 737 settings.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray I was referring to outside view when I mentioned 'triple'.   I'm glad you found it good though and did you check your .cfg??

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave,

You'll find that if you view from outside with or without SimStarter running you will get exactly the same frame rates if the settings in fsx.cfg are the same for both scenarios.

Don't follow your question about checking fsx.cfg?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Dave,

Don't follow your question about checking fsx.cfg?

Check your 'accepted' config files Ray and you'll find they have all been moved. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Your files have not been moved. Once you have profiles set up, SimStarted saves those files and uses those. Your original files are left un-touched and in their normal locations.

Thanks for answering Jim. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather