Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The one-statement-to-rule-them-all about sim platforms discussed on AVSIM

I am in a quite breath-taking flight right now, having just taken off out of Hana, Hawaii...in P3D v2.4, with all the 3rd party bells and whistles we all know about, and have honestly come to this simple conclusion for myself.  I will never again, state that I REALLY love...(blah, blah) platform...and even most recently, have been putting in serious time with XPX, as it is maturing into one h*ll of a platform in its own right.  Yes...I have been perhaps of late, running that platform as the first flight of my MANY flights per day and evening (this is a most valuable time hobby for myself, to relieve the stress of work, and every-day blah blah), but in taking off this morning with one heck of a cross wind (with rolls of thunder coming into the cabin), and as I did a 180 bank out towards the ocean...and saw how beautifully rendered and life like, the oceans are within P3D v2.4 (with bells and whistles of REX blah, blah),  I have come to the simple...yes...quite non-complicated personal decision, that I am a true simmer at heart...a simmer that can enjoy...will enjoy, and shall continue to enjoy, EVERY darn platform that shows its face upon the planet.  I have them all folks...from the Atari 800 days....through the 90's, the 2000's...to this very morning's flight out of exquisite ORBX Global airport, Hana.  

The statement I shall never waiver from..is that quite simply, I love them all...and all 100 percent equally! Each has the capacity to teach, to nurture, to entertain, and to fulfill my wish to have had real-world flight opportunities in my life...and they shall (FS9, FSX:MS/SE,P3D.x, and not the least (the aforementioned's listing in order, means nothing) of, XPX)

Not one of them...is 'old', out-of-date, redundant for use...none of them...and they all can bring to the table the best-of-the-best, for whatever I want to be realized out of the flight I have set up...whether it be the emphasis on the 'metal'...or the scenery, below that metal....

Simple statement to rule them all...I universally love the above mentioned equally.  'Nuff said...and now back to the wonderful 377 looking rather out of odds, frozen in flight, just off the coast....oh...and good morning, or good evening, where ever thou shalt  be reading this 'simple statement' from....

1  http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/WsO

2  http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/WsV (rain storms today in Hana, Hawaii)

3  http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Wsp

Signed;

Mitch/Ses, or I also answer to Mighty Poo-Bah, as the darling wife sometimes calls me when she is ticked off....and the dog house looms.....(not all the time...but being human...some of the time, .....)  :wacko:

This is how it should be.  I jumped back and forth between XP10 & FSX with Orbx this weekend.  Awesome mountain country, that looked fantastic, flew fantastic, and I see no reason to give either up. Haven't invested in P3D yet.   I'm glad that there are still plenty of "WOW" moments out there!