Sign in to follow this  
alexzar14

ok 1 more time, VAS with P3D-2.5.

New thread with a straight question that I see no solid answers to ("vas improvement"- opinion or a statement? based on what facts/flights?)

It is an easy question really:

somebody please do a flight from FSDT-KJFK to Aerosoft EGLL XTended (both available for P3D) with FTX Base+Vector and ASN and tell us whether there is an expected OOM or not.

OOM or no OOM.

There's no reason to start a new thread on this at all when the current thread is still active. As I said in your other post, it is completely system/settings dependent who gets OOMs and who doesn't. Nobody can guarantee for certain if you will or won't.

If it is in the PMDG 777, forget it, you will.  Disable Vector and you might have a chance.

sig01.png

If it is in the PMDG 777, forget it, you will.  Disable Vector and you might have a chance.

Thank you.

Rest aircrafts work good with high detail. Only T7 make OOM ;-(

You don't need to not run vector you need to set it up different.

EGLL is huge and its in a bad area. I've not done it as it has OOM written all over it. But it would be interesting using all the tips in my sig, if it makes it possible.

Easy question? No it's not, because there are countless other things, LOD for one. Far to many factors. Easy Question? Far from it.

To be frank it's a silly question. How many people has the same pc, let alone the countless setting people can run, even cloud draw distance in ASN is a factor alone with countless other things

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Rest aircrafts work good with high detail. Only T7 make OOM ;-(

That's because the PMDG 777X is way more detailed then most of the other aircraft in P3D. The Aerosoft Airbus for instance, is nothing compared to the 777. Both less detail, mirrored displays to the FO, lots of features missing, etc. etc. 

I have to agree with NyxxUK.

I really don`t think the 777 is the problem here. The EGLL airport itself (I mean the Aerosoft one) is poorly optimized IMO, I get the OOM`s on this airport in practically any aircraft (yes, even the default ones). Also, the area around the airport is extremly demanding, so I tend to avoid landing in these kind of areas.

So, yes I did a couple of PMDG777 flights to EGLL and get instant OOM`s.

Matej Stavanja

Yesterday I disabled the Vector and VAS usage improved dramatically. Didn't have the time for a flight, will do it today JFK-MIA. Vector is the only thing I can give up on when flying airliners, so if that's what it takes it'll be that.

Unfortunately can't give up on the EGLL, it is part of what makes up the fun. One thing we did figure out for sure: I don't need a P3D to fly a 777. Asking helps.

I've done this very flight within FSX a few times as a fictional cargo run, with the add-ons mentioned above.

No OOM for me, as I stated in the previous thread.

However, you do need to be on top of things. You need to adjust the sim for what you're going to do with it. If you know you're going from one VAS-intensive area to another, disable the other add-on scenery in between.

ok guys a success! Disabled the Vector as suggested and wallah!

For this I selected the VASiest known aircraft - iFly 747 and flew it KJFK (FSDT) - KMIA (LatinVFR).

Also I bought and installed Steve's DX10 fixer, the combination of the two does it.

Now I must try the same flight with Vector-on, lets see how DX10 does it alone. There will be a leak, I know, but I hope it will clean up a bit while in cruise.

As for sceneries in between, I do take it into the account.

Sorry but am a relative newbie to Flight Sim things.  I have just installed the Orbx products (Global, Vector, FTX for 2010).  I am running P3D 2.5.  How does one "disable" Vector?  Is it in the Scenery config choice within the sim?  If so, which boxes would i need to uncheck? Thank you.  I presume that would free up VAS but result in less detail?  Any  advice would be appreciated.

Mike Hamilton

iFly 747 is a VAS intensive aircraft? Is that a joke? I don't have it but it's either the worst optimized piece of code ever, or it's actually not that VAS intensive. Plus this is the PMDG 777 forum, we don't particularly care about whether you get an OOM with the iFly 747. Please take this to the FSX forums where it belongs, or participate in the current P3D 777 thread.

Thanks.

Sorry but am a relative newbie to Flight Sim things.  I have just installed the Orbx products (Global, Vector, FTX for 2010).  I am running P3D 2.5.  How does one "disable" Vector?  Is it in the Scenery config choice within the sim?  If so, which boxes would i need to uncheck? Thank you.  I presume that would free up VAS but result in less detail?  Any  advice would be appreciated.

Please sign all posts with your full name as per PMDG forum rules, thanks. 

If you open the FTX Vector control panel, you can select what you want to disable. Remember to click apply.

Yes there will be less detail with Vector disabled, but flying an airliner this is the only thing (less painless) you can give up.

Regionals and bizjets, as well as GA/VFR, you enable it back. Unless there is a way to optimize Vector, not sure.