Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

ASN for x-plane?

I'm not a member on HiFi's forum, but I saw this posted elsewhere as a quote from their site.

"With FS, we've worked about 12 years now on refining and improving depiction, improving our understanding of the depiction systems of FS, finding work-arounds to problems, etc.

With X-Plane it's entirely different and we are starting from scratch. Weather stations, depiction modes, global vs. station based considerations, transitions, ambient wx control, cloud position capability, visibility effects, vertical air, effects in general, etc... these are things that are all specific to a sim and in X-Plane, much of what we've done in FS may not be possible at all. On the other hand, new things never possible with FS may now be realized. Hopefully by mid year we'll have a clearer direction on X-Plane and will be able to share further details".

Here's the link: http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?4341-Any-chance-of-an-X-Plane-product

I really hope this happens. Weather is pretty much the only thing I want x-plane to improve on.

P.s If anyone here is a member of their forum, please post more details (if there are any).

I'm not a member on HiFi's forum, but I saw this posted elsewhere as a quote from their site.

"With FS, we've worked about 12 years now on refining and improving depiction, improving our understanding of the depiction systems of FS, finding work-arounds to problems, etc.

With X-Plane it's entirely different and we are starting from scratch. Weather stations, depiction modes, global vs. station based considerations, transitions, ambient wx control, cloud position capability, visibility effects, vertical air, effects in general, etc... these are things that are all specific to a sim and in X-Plane, much of what we've done in FS may not be possible at all. On the other hand, new things never possible with FS may now be realized. Hopefully by mid year we'll have a clearer direction on X-Plane and will be able to share further details".

Here's the link: http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?4341-Any-chance-of-an-X-Plane-product

I really hope this happens. Weather is pretty much the only thing I want x-plane to improve on.

P.s If anyone here is a member of their forum, please post more details (if there are any).

I would trade my mother n law and 1 Lung for ASN XP10  :lol:

Would be great :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sweet!! I'll buy

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I want it now!  I sincerely hope that Hifi will commit on this project.  FSGRW also intended on developing for Xplane10 but that project now stalled waiting for better hooks by LR.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I would trade my mother n law and 1 Lung for ASN XP10  :lol:

Hey David, that is an awesome profile picture. What a beauty!  Is he/she yours?

Bob

Would be great :-)

for ASN or for me to trade my lung  :lol:

Hey David, that is an awesome profile picture. What a beauty!  Is he/she yours?

Bob

my 2 dogs have passed away  :(  it's a pic from the net.

I wouldn't go that far!!! ---- Keep the Lung :lol:

:lol:

for ASN or for me to trade my lung  :lol:

my 2 dogs have passed away  :(  it's a pic from the net.

:lol:

Sorry to hear that Dave. I have never been without a dog except when I was in the Navy, and even then I had an 8.5x11 picture of my dog hanging on my locker door on the ship. The guys would come by and say "Your girl friend is a real dog Bob".  :wub:

Bob

Sorry to hear that Dave. I have never been without a dog except when I was in the Navy, and even then I had an 8.5x11 picture of my dog hanging on my locker door on the ship. The guys would come by and say "Your girl friend is a real dog Bob".  :wub:

Bob

i still have 2 cats from my wifes side of the family  :P