Sign in to follow this  
spirittoo

X Plane 10 Won't Go To Window Mode

This is on my 32 bit machine ... I tried checking the full screen box to see what the full screen mode looked like ... didn't like it unchecked the box ... nothing ... quit the program had a cold boot ... problem remains.  I uncheck  and recheck and uncheck again the full screen box and nothing happens it stays in full screen.  The list for resolutions is not grayed out when unchecked.  How can this be fixed?  My driver has been updated.

Don't know on a 32-bit system.  I think I'd simply reset preferences.

Go to X-Plane 10\Output\Preferences and delete everything in the folder (NOT the folder itself).

This is on my 32 bit machine ... I tried checking the full screen box to see what the full screen mode looked like ... didn't like it unchecked the box ... nothing ... quit the program had a cold boot ... problem remains.  I uncheck  and recheck and uncheck again the full screen box and nothing happens it stays in full screen.  The list for resolutions is not grayed out when unchecked.  How can this be fixed?  My driver has been updated.

Before you nuke your preferences, experiment some more - I had similiar problems once. The list for resolutions wont go greyed out ever, I think, so thats normal.

If you are in windowed mode, the resolution is simply determined by the size of the window you drag onto your screen. If you go back from full-screen to windowed mode, often your "window" is now "full screen size", because you set the native resolution of your monitor when choosing "full screen".

To grab the bottom right corner of your "window", you have to often "hide" the taskbar, otherwise you can´t get to it... Hope this helps, Jan

I overlooked suggesting the basics of resizing a window.  The OP listed computers and computer repair as one of his interests and I assumed a basic knowledge of windows, although it wasn't clear what OS was being used.  Thanks @Janov.

It's not in windows at all ... I can't do any resizing I'm running XP with two monitors ... in windows mode I have access to the second monitor in full screen I don't.  I had my system listed in my sig but we can use them for some strange reason.

there is a particular value in some text file that you need to set to 1 ..that should get you back..am away from computer ..so not sure which one

Don't know on a 32-bit system.  I think I'd simply reset preferences.

Go to X-Plane 10\Output\Preferences and delete everything in the folder (NOT the folder itself).

That did the trick ... I delete all the files with the key icons and left the text file.  X Plane put them back when I opened it again, and I was back in windows mode.  Thanks :lol: