Sign in to follow this  
PGspy18

Confusion about flight planning

I bought AS2012 today as I wanted to get a more realistic experience. I installed it, and going through a tutorial on YouTube, i imported my flight plan from KPHX to KSFO for a test flight. After processing, the program showed wind speeds of up to 127 knots and temperatures of as low as-80, which is completely wrong for Arizona/California weather. When I go to WX report and type in KPHX, it shows temp of 19 and wind of 10, which is correct. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, just a question.

You purchased AS2012 today?  I'm curious why you didn't purchase Active Sky Next?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Next was more expensive and 2012 did everything i needed to do, i just didn't see a reason to spend more than i needed to.

Sorry, just a question.

You purchased AS2012 today?  I'm curious why you didn't purchase Active Sky Next?

I have ASN and it is unbelievably inaccurate. It actually discussed me today when I was driving home and saw the massive cloud coverage and rain thinking cool, I'll be able to fly in some bad weather today, yeah right. Clear and sunny and 2 degrees Celsius hotter than actual. I live 8 miles from the airport. 

I have ASN and it is unbelievably inaccurate. It actually discussed me today when I was driving home and saw the massive cloud coverage and rain thinking cool, I'll be able to fly in some bad weather today, yeah right. Clear and sunny and 2 degrees Celsius hotter than actual. I live 8 miles from the airport. 

What's the airport?

What's the airport?

KSNA and it wasn't ASN directly. Somehow the weather was put on manual instead of live. I feel so stupid.  :blush: Lotsa clouds now.

I bought AS2012 today as I wanted to get a more realistic experience. I installed it, and going through a tutorial on YouTube, i imported my flight plan from KPHX to KSFO for a test flight. After processing, the program showed wind speeds of up to 127 knots and temperatures of as low as-80, which is completely wrong for Arizona/California weather. When I go to WX report and type in KPHX, it shows temp of 19 and wind of 10, which is correct. What am I doing wrong?

If that's the weather on the ground then your right, that would be unrealistic, if though it's at cruise (Which is what I suspect) then it's the winds in the upper atmosphere, from the jet stream, or what's generally known as winds aloft. All very normal. It can get pretty windy and cold up there!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I had forgotten about jetstreams completely. The flight-planning program I used prior had a bug where it showed surface winds for all the waypoints, made flight planning difficult. I got a new planner at the same time as AS2012 and jetstreams just stayed in its dark pit of forgetfulness.

Thanks for reminding me :)

Are you guys sure your using Live weather and have read the Manual?
Latest build of ASN is absolutely PERFECT on my system.....I'd say its even more accurate than my local weather report :P lol

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Are you guys sure your using Live weather and have read the Manual?

Latest build of ASN is absolutely PERFECT on my system.....I'd say its even more accurate than my local weather report :P lol

Unless I missed it, they're talking about AS2012, not ASN.

That ssid, both AS2012 and ASN can slip out of Live and into manual all by themselves from time to time especially when restarting while flight sim is running. Happened to me just last night.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Unless I missed it, they're talking about AS2012, not ASN.

Yup! you missed it....ASN was brought up three times, & once by yourself. Also, a weather station is a weather station whether or not its ASN or AS2012.....

Your right about the live weather slipping out of live though....Happens to me often.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png